Tennis Forum banner

WWW RG 2019 Final: Barty or Vondroušová???

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Art & Futures
21,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Probably Vondrousova. Barty's mini-meltdown in Set 1 against Amanda showed a mentality that's prone to cracking and the thought of being the favorite + first slam title might get to her. See Halep, 2017 French Open.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Hopefully the teen

·
Registered
115,577 Posts
The WTA needs a teen star! Do it! Marketing machine Marketa!

·
Registered
34,593 Posts
I really like both.

Ash's draw to the final must be one of the easiest in history :hysteric:

Marketa looked a bit more stable today tbh. But who knows, both have never been in this situation before.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Hopefully, Vondrousova has learnt from their past two meetings and comes to court ready to expose the BH wing of Barty’s game. But I’m not that optimistic, sadly.

Imagine the budget Sam Stosur winning Roland Garros before SAM STOSUR :hysteric: I can’t. But I guess that’s the difference when in 2010 you need to play Justine, Serena, Jankovic and Schiavone to win it; in 2019, it’s Kenin, Keys, and two teenagers. A Slam is always deserved but I don’t want anybody preaching to me about Wozniacki’s or Ostapenko’s slam again when this is happening before our very eyes.

Also, all those people arguing about Kvitova getting #1 when if Barty wins this she’ll be 100 points off :lol: I always said the contender for #1 could come from where you least expected it. 1 PM, 1 Slam, and you’re in the conversation :shrug:

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
This match will probably look like Stosur - Schiavone final here in the past.

Good luck to both players to make this final the best they can. :)

Reactions: GAGirl

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hard to tell, I'll be happy with either. I think Barty will slightly edge it out, if she wins, the number 1 might change by Wimbledon.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Can't see Barty holding the mental fortitude to win it. My money is on the czech

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,091 Posts
Please Vondrousova! You prevented the most lackluster slamfinal by beating Konta, now win it all. :bounce:

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
This is a great final for RG! :hearts: Both players have so much interesting variety. Hope we don't get to see too many nerves and both players hitting each other with their full arsenal. :cool:

Winning chances 50/50. Barty has more experience in big matches but Vondrousova seems as cool as a cucumber.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Ash has the better game but after that horror show of a choke in the SF I don't think she believes in her game on clay. This is literally her worst surface after all. Vondrousova is a safer bet mentality-wise imho.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
MV, Barty can't hit through her and she will be pinned on her backhand , unless she can produce a lot of double backhand winners she has no shot.
She won't make mistakes like in the past against her especially on clay.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Hopefully, Vondrousova has learnt from their past two meetings and comes to court ready to expose the BH wing of Barty’s game. But I’m not that optimistic, sadly.

Imagine the budget Sam Stosur winning Roland Garros before SAM STOSUR :hysteric: I can’t. But I guess that’s the difference when in 2010 you need to play Justine, Serena, Jankovic and Schiavone to win it; in 2019, it’s Kenin, Keys, and two teenagers. A Slam is always deserved but I don’t want anybody preaching to me about Wozniacki’s or Ostapenko’s slam again when this is happening before our very eyes.

Also, all those people arguing about Kvitova getting #1 when if Barty wins this she’ll be 100 points off :lol: I always said the contender for #1 could come from where you least expected it. 1 PM, 1 Slam, and you’re in the conversation :shrug:
It’s why no one should be surprised if Barty’s slam comes from RG. Even mediocrity can shine when the field is this weak on clay.

·
Premium Member
20,469 Posts
Maky, if our God has eyes and ears. That would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts