Tennis Forum banner

WWW Prague?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Between exhibitions and Fed Cup, Sevastova's last 4 wins are over Serena Williams, Petra Kvitova, Elina Svitolina, and Kiki Bertens. I'm hoping she can bring that sort of confidence and her big out-wide serve to this tournament too. She is in a dangerous quarter though.

Also rooting for Gracheva and Strycova (who is playing doubles with Halep this week as well as singles).

Simona is the obvious on-paper fav for the title but there are some potential banana skin opponents around as well (Martic, Alexandrova, KrisPliskova, Pavlyuchenkova, and even SST who was getting a lot of wins in the Spanish exhos).

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Between exhibitions and Fed Cup, Sevastova's last 4 wins are over Serena Williams, Petra Kvitova, Elina Svitolina, and Kiki Bertens. I'm hoping she can bring that sort of confidence and her big out-wide serve to this tournament too. She is in a dangerous quarter though.
Pavly has a 7-0 H2H against Anastasija which would be encouraging if it gets that far. :)

Pavly also has a 0-8 H2H against Simona so there is a chance it won't get that far.:(

Possibly even harder to call this one than normal.Not only are there lot of solid clay courters in the draw you have some players who are bound to be a bit rusty against the likes of Ferro coming in with competitive matches under their belt which you would think might change the odds a bit.

·
Registered
8,748 Posts

·
Registered
8,748 Posts
Ferro and Kasatkina out

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
55,078 Posts
Halep won as expected ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
BTW why did Kvitova, Karo Pliskova and Marketa not play?
I think it's because they are are going to the U.S. Open, but I'm not sure.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts