Tennis Forum banner

WWW Palermo?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Picking a winner on the W.T.A. when it's normal is hard, but picking a winner when everybody will be as rusty as hell is impossible.
I take no credence with Exho. form, other than the fact they have actually been on a court.

From the top half, I would pick a semi-final between Mertens & Vekic, the bottom half, a semi-final between Sakkari & Yastremska, if any of them play decently. Should get a good final out of those four.

Winner, who knows, just happy to watch some tennis, hoping for a smoothly run event, without any more Covid19 issues.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Giorgi v Paolini for the final would send the crowd into raptures! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What is going to complicate matters is that so many of these have not even been playing exhibitions, as far as I'm aware. Those who have had good match practice at a decent level, like Ferro, Mladenovic, Vondrousova and Pliskova, should theoretically have an advantage, even if they have been playing on hard courts (and not necessarily all that well - looking at you, Marketa!).

I'll stick with the four seeds in the top half to make the quarter-finals, with perhaps Siegemund the biggest chance of upsetting. The bottom half is more difficult, where I think that Mladenovic is quite capable of upsetting Alexandrova but, based on recent form, Ferro should beat either of them. Sakkari beat Pliskova the only time they met, but Kristyna has been playing way above her previous level in the matches in Prague, so I think that one could be a lot closer than the bookmakers would expect. Vondrousova has been playing so badly that I think whoever wins out of Giorgi and Peterson could quite easily upset her, whilst Yastremska must surely go through if she's even half ready. So, for the bottom half, I'll go Ferro, Sakkari, Yastremska and Giorgi.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Kasatkina please. She has to start enjoying tennis again :cry:

·
Registered
113,556 Posts
Lets get this going!!
Is there any sport that waited as long as tennis to return? Soccer, horse racing, MMA, golf car racing, baseball, basketball, hockey
This is the only sport I can think of that was scheduled to be played all spring and summer that waited until August to re-open
Lets have a full, safe week and on to the US hardcourt season!

Reactions: auntie janie

·
Registered
52,422 Posts
I don't care ! :D as long as they play out :)
but someone like Hercog Sakkari or Aruabarrena winning would be icing on the cake for that resumption week :cool:

Kontaveit looks to be in shape after her demolition of Sevastova in Tallinn but it's clay, a regular WTA tournament ..who knows , impossible to tell

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Feels too good to be true.

I voted for someone random: Vekic

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I'm going with Sakkari. She has a banana skin R1 (there's not much she can do if Kris gets a lot of first serves in) but I think she's steadier than everyone else in her section and I know she's still super fit even after all the time off.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
This is going to be a weird and unpredictable tournament, what with everyone being rusty. Not that WTA isn't unpredictable already.

What is Martic's situation like, has she had any match practice recently? She was killing it in clay last year.

·
Registered
113,556 Posts
I also hope the time off was good for Kasatkina. It will be interesting to see who mentally handled the time off in a good way and come back in form

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Sara Sorribes as we could see in warmups events, she's been playing well enough.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
40,442 Posts
Errani ;)

I honestly hope for Kontaveit, she’s probably my fav in this draw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85,656 Posts

1 - 20 of 50 Posts