Kristina Mladenovic vs [WC] Misaki Doi
Dayana Yastremska vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
BYE vs [2] Kiki Bertens

·
Registered
17,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Petra, please, for Naomi's sake, get rid of Putintseva in R1 pls :hysteric:

Muguruza vs Hsieh should be the match of the first round. Revenge match for Garbine after Hsieh beat her at the AO last year IIRC.

Potential Riske/Kerber in R2 again :hysteric:

I think Osaka wins this one, with it being at home and she's normally motivated to play well in front of her home fans.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
RIP Kasatkina

But why did she even enter this event? Should be playing Korea or Guangzhou if she wants to win some matches

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Nice draw for Maddy.:eek:h:

Also has a good record against Riske. Not so much against Angie but that was back when Angie was a contender.:angel:

But I am going to back Donna to come through that side and finally improve her record in finals.:cheer:

Won't be easy for anyone though - could be some really good matches here if everyone has recovered from NY.:)

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
If she lose to putin again, i m gonna die lol. Hope she changes her strategy . Better to get yourself on court instead of going to ellen and other talk shows-_-
Bur she does well at home. So hoping for d best. I want a title this year to help her get confident

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If Poots plays her best she can come through her quarter and even the half. Martic will be tired, Osaka might crumble again and Sloane might not be bothered.

Agree Vekic and maybe Yastremska look good bets to come through the bottom half.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Seriously, Naomi cannot escape Poots/Bencic/Hsieh/Sevastova - it's like some kind of curse.
I can't remember a tournament this year where she hasn't come across one of them.

Hopefully Martic will do her duty.

A final with Naomi and Mladenovic would be kinda juicy.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If she lose to putin again, i m gonna die lol. Hope she changes her strategy . Better to get yourself on court instead of going to ellen and other talk shows-_-
Bur she does well at home. So hoping for d best. I want a title this year to help her get confident
Sigh. I don't see what this has to do with anything? If Ellen is going to invite you on her show, with endorsements as big as Naomi's, you're not going to turn down the opportunity. Plus it was during her week off. She doesn't have to be running around on a court every second of each day.

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
Nice draw, much better quality field and interest than Zhengzhou. Looking forward to to seeing a premier level event being held in Osaka for what I presume is the first time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If Osaka brings her game I can see her winning it especially since it's home court but without a coach, I'm not sure here.

·
Banned
2,413 Posts
Sigh. I don't see what this has to do with anything? If Ellen is going to invite you on her show, with endorsements as big as Naomi's, you're not going to turn down the opportunity. Plus it was during her week off. She doesn't have to be running around on a court every second of each day.
When she has potential and game to do more, instead of practising her weaknesses which has been exposed since aus open, she is doing talk shows.
I know she is A list star now and i am happy for her, but she can do better than having one title a year. I am her fan but i can criticise her as well when i see she isn't doing upto her potential...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
When she has potential and game to do more, instead of practising her weaknesses which has been exposed since aus open, she is doing talk shows.
I know she is A list star now and i am happy for her, but she can do better than having one title a year. I am her fan but i can criticise her as well when i see she isn't doing upto her potential...
Practise with who though? She fired her coach and probably made that decision just after the US Open.
The last week was probably spent tying up loose ends and setting things in motion for hiring the next coach.
Plus she will be in Asia for the next month so maybe wanted something else to focus on for a day or so before knuckling down to concentrate on qualifying for YECs.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Osaka should just practice how to return slices and get her first serve until Wednesday, her section on paper looks the easiest if you are a top seed who doesn't lose to Poots. She defends a final here, and needs all these points for Shenzhen cause luckily for her, Bertens and Svitolina didn't make much ground this week. The other sections have very nice quality, watchable match-ups.

·
Registered
115,539 Posts
That Putintseva/Martic match is big! Yulia can win this title

1 - 20 of 48 Posts