Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
matchup of the year is back:drool:

will Naomi be spurred on by her home town crowd to finally find a way past the tricky Kazakh ,or will Putintseva's variety once more prove too much for the former world no. 1:confused:

·
Registered
11,811 Posts
It's a nightmare, not a dream.
Bencic and Poots will be the death of Osaka’s career since they are younger than the Halep, Kerbers, etc. Can’t she draw other players? Jesus. Hopefully Osaka has practiced returning slices, moonballs and dropshots, 3rd loss to Poots will be urg… At least even her 1st serve. Alternatively, she should just go into first-strike tennis, BBB mode Giorgi-esque instead of being involved in humiliating slice-filled rallies.

·
Registered
14,947 Posts
Calm down. Puts and Bencic are a tough matchup for Osaka but are not going to destroy her career. Lol past your nose.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Putintseva also learned how to play TBs better this tournament (making a comeback against Kawa) after she choked against Svitolina. Naomi is doomed if it goes to a TB! :eek:h:

·
Registered
13,122 Posts
Go Osaka from Osaka beat her finally in Osaka! :cheer:

Reactions: *Jool*

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
The court is so slow she's done.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
It's a nightmare, not a dream.
Bencic and Poots will be the death of Osaka’s career since they are younger than the Halep, Kerbers, etc. Can’t she draw other players? Jesus. Hopefully Osaka has practiced returning slices, moonballs and dropshots, 3rd loss to Poots will be urg… At least even her 1st serve. Alternatively, she should just go into first-strike tennis, BBB mode Giorgi-esque instead of being involved in humiliating slice-filled rallies.
Well, sorry to break it to you but Osaka has lost 3 times already to Poots.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Maybe this time it will be different, maybe not. Voted for Poots but I think it will be a very close one, so in the end it could go either way.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I forgot Osaka has not even won a set in 3 encounters... I have a feeling she is going to get the victory eventually, and on paper one thinks 'why not here at home with the crowd support?' But Putin has been playing better than Naomi *this week* too, not just in their previous encounters. It's going to be tough.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
I see Puttintseva winning... again.
This has become a mind game. And Osaka has no idea how to switch off this girl.

·
Registered
11,811 Posts
Well, sorry to break it to you but Osaka has lost 3 times already to Poots.
Did you mean to respond to me? As if I didn't know this already, I meant this year, just like she did to Bencic.

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
There is a Difference between Putintseva and Bencic. Bencic has beaten Osaka 3 Times this year, Putintseva hasn't.

I for Starters don't count that Hobart win in 2018 cuz Osaka was a Nobody then ranked around 70 in the World.

Still expecting that prolly bratty Kazakh to win again tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,109 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Hopefully, Naomi can pump herself up like she did for the match against Coco.
I was actually happy with the way she played against Bencic at USO - it was only a point or 2 that won it for Belinda. It was close.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Naomi can pull through this time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts