Tennis Forum banner

WWW Lexington?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The organisers obviously wanted people to watch so they made sure there is a good chance of a William's sister second round, which Venus will let Serena win to get more valuable court time, assuming she gets passed Vika..

Anisimova /bellis could be real interesting. Going for Amanda here.

Hoping Aryna can win the whole thing and show us that she is capable of going deep in to the U.S. Open, she could play the hyped one in round 2, and most likely lose, but I hope not.

Most of all, no Covid issues thanks, players please do as your told.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought after Linz they were going to at least try and not make the Coco rigging so obvious but I guess they thought with Covid etc people forgot.

33 slams in the first quarter. 0 in the other three and if they didn’t WC Bepa into the event, there wouldn’t even be any finals among them.

I digress - if Serena wants it this is a good draw for her to take the whole thing and double her title count for the decade. If she doesn’t give AF it will probably be between Amanda, Aryna and maybe a random title run from Putin.

Looking forward to this one but and seeing how they all come back and how this goes !

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Hoping for Serena vs Coco final!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Lol at Serena's quarter. I will go for Sabalenka, she is due for some scalps - I think she and Sloane were also one of the first on site. Not that it says much.

·
Registered
114,059 Posts
Some interesting matches. I have no idea who is ready for week 1
Sabalenka/Gauff should be good, Venus/Azarenka will tell if Vika trained hard or not. Venus was at WTT

Reactions: Conjoshruk

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
US tournaments and rigging draws, name a more iconic duo.
Don't they have player representatives witnessing the making of the draw anymore? I remember that until some years ago, the names of the player reps would even be published on draw sheets (at least for ITF events). It just made the process seem more transparent.

·
Banned
5,263 Posts
Sooo, does anyone know what the courts play like? Are they the new u.s open turf?
Are we gonna see high bouncing balls?
Will they skid?
Fast, slow?

Sidenote: i felt as if the majority of points "won" at Palermo so far have been due to lack of point play. Alot of winners on clay... albeit Giorgi was on field and centre for most of time and that is her game but i dont see great movement at the moment....
Another question i have is how would this fair on a slightly faster court, such as a hardcourt?

P.s, Props to kim d.b (da realist bitch) and other previous winners being viktors of this tournament.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Sooo, does anyone know what the courts play like? Are they the new u.s open turf?
Are we gonna see high bouncing balls?
Will they skid?
Fast, slow?

Sidenote: i felt as if the majority of points "won" at Palermo so far have been due to lack of point play. Alot of winners on clay... albeit Giorgi was on field and centre for most of time and that is her game but i dont see great movement at the moment....
Another question i have is how would this fair on a slightly faster court, such as a hardcourt?

P.s, Props to kim d.b (da realist bitch) and other previous winners being viktors of this tournament.
Can't answer the technical parts
http://instagr.am/p/CCoDgc6lXxH/

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Really good field for an international level, and some very interesting R1 matches.

Amanda/Bellis, Vika/Venus, always interesting to see Serena as she very rarely plays these type of events, and while it may go under the radar with a lot of bigger names involved, Brady vs Watson could be decent - two top 50 players who are close to their career highs, both started the WTA year very well, and both have done well in domestic exhibitions, so will be match ready - that's not bad for a WTA lowest tier R1 match.

Hope we get to see Gauff vs Sabalenka in R2.

·
always getting what i want
18,101 Posts
Marie goes to University in the States and I believe she has been residing in the US throughout this pandemic.
Yup, Marie's an extremely intelligent young woman. Rising to the top in tennis while also attending a top university. She's winning at life.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
1 - 20 of 91 Posts