Tennis Forum banner

Who will win?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Registered
Venus looked outstanding today while Serena looked very shaky, but anyone who has followed their matches knows what we're about to see. Serena is going to play steady and solid (but not amazing) and Venus is going to be shaky - she loses that competitive fire that she brings against every other player when she plays Serena.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but Serena in 2.

Registered
Serena shitplays to a victory.

Registered
Venus seems to play very tentative against Serena, anyone else and id give her chance, but i feel like when they play each other its more mental than physical. Even at this late stage in their careers Venus struggles playing Serena, which is why shes lost to Serena so many times.
I just hope she can keep it close or at least take a set!

it's just me against the music.
All things aside which everyone above have said and which they are right, if they play the way they did today, Venus wins in 2 easily.

Registered
Venus looked outstanding today while Serena looked very shaky, but anyone who has followed their matches knows what we're about to see. Serena is going to play steady and solid (but not amazing) and Venus is going to be shaky - she loses that competitive fire that she brings against every other player when she plays Serena.

I would LOVE to be wrong, but Serena in 2.
I will say Serena in 3 or Venus in 2.

Registered
I don't think Serena really cares about this tournament very much and Venus has played a lot more tennis recently. Venus in 2, probably an easier win as well.

Registered
Venus played so well today, I have to admit that Serena didn't look as good as big sis did in her match today but, tomorrow is another day. Venus even has a new designer serve. Lol

Registered
Why do these 2 so often land in draws against each other - this has been happening since 1998. Giving me a chaotic mix of emotions for over 20 years!!

I think Serena will prevail.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
This could very likely be their last ever meeting as well! Unless USTA rigs the draws again
They're going to have something cooked to help the USO ratings.

I think it'll be Clijsters against Serena or Venus though. Maybe Gauff.

Reactions: GAGirl

Milk and honey
They're going to have something cooked to help the USO ratings.

I think it'll be Clijsters against Serena or Venus though. Maybe Gauff.
Always. Happens every year! I like the Clijsters Serena guess, it鈥檚 more than likely.

Regarding the next chapter here of Serenus, I鈥檓 thinking Serena because she鈥檒l up her game from the Pera match, whereas Venus rarely comes across with that same fire when she plays her sister. Should be a good match though and adds a very much needed interesting layer to a pretty messy and cheap looking event.

Registered
Gauff vs. Serena would be mouthwatering since they both have so many fans. Would like to see how they match up.
Dream slam run... we call it The Vengeance Slam

R1 Serena vs Stosur
R2 Serena vs Clijsters
R3 Serena vs Venus
R4 Serena vs Gauff
QF Serena vs Pliskova
SF Serena vs Bianca
Final Serena vs Osaka

Registered
I don鈥檛 buy this idea that Venus plays tentatively against her sister. There isn鈥檛 a single person alive who has beaten Serena as many times as she has lol. And while it may be true that she lacks some of Serena鈥檚 killer instinct, there are few players who don鈥檛. But on that point, it鈥檚 worth noting that Venus, at the grand age of 40, has completely overhauled her service technique. What does that say about her competitiveness?

Over the past 12 or so years, Serena鈥檚 superior serve & movement have made her an impossible match up for Venus. That鈥檚 still the case only, after such a long lay off, Serena looks a lot more rusty than Venus. Also, this match means a hell of a lot more to her. Serena would probably leave Kentucky satisfied having got some match practice before Cincinnati. Based on that, I鈥檓 picking Venus.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts