• Patricia Maria Țig

Votes: 10 52.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday at 4 PM CET

It looks like a great final, two powerful and tall players, who will lift the trophy winning her first WTA tournament? Rybakina is at her first final, Țig at her second after the final lost against Gasparyan at Baku.

Both might be rising after the Romanian Open...

I voted for Țig just because of the story, she's a returning still pretty young mother. Otherwise whoever wins it will totally deserve it. From the beginning these two were the two most solid players.

Rybakina: Badosa, Cristian, Kuzmova and Di Giuseppe.
Tzig: Simion, Melnikova, Shinikova, Bondar, Sevastova, Kr. Pliskova and Siegemund.

So far on main draw Țig only lost a set to Kr. Pliskova, and Rybakina didn't lose ANY.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Sunday at 4 PM CET

It looks like a great final, two powerful and tall players, who will lift the trophy winning her first WTA tournament? Rybakina is at her first final, Țig at her second after the final lost against Gasparyan at Baku.

Both might be rising after the Romanian Open...

I voted for Țig just because of the story, she's a returning still pretty young mother. Otherwise whoever wins it will totally deserve it. From the beginning these two were the two most solid players.

Rybakina: Badosa, Cristian, Kuzmova and Di Giuseppe.
Tzig: Simion, Melnikova, Shinikova, Bondar, Sevastova, Kr. Pliskova and Siegemund.

So far on main draw Țig only lost a set to Kr. Pliskova, and Rybakina didn't lose ANY.
She’s still a pretty young mother??!! Hey, good reason. LOL

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She’s still a pretty young mother??!! Hey, good reason. LOL
I mean if Buzărnescu showed up at 30 years old or so, Tzig is just 25 in one week. At 25 years old you are still capable of performance. If you are really talented. Today you can play tennis until you are 35 or more.

And this girl is talented imo, in 2015 at Baku on hard she beat in straight sets Pavlyuchenkova and very convincing. In 2016 at Madrid Masters she defeated also in straight sets Stephens and Keys, and advancing Kasatkina in 3 sets.

Her coach and husband is this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Răzvan_Sabău. Former world No 2 in juniors and junior Slam winner but failed in seniors because of injuries. He just had 2 ATP semifinals, ranked highest #74 in 2005. He was a very technical player from Bolletieri Academy. It's a pity Tzig lost some years.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Looking forward to this one, really hope Lena takes her first title, and I'd make her a reasonable favourite to do so. Tig obviously has the home advantage, but her 8th match in 8 days might finally catch up with her, especially if she has someone really taking it to her across the net.

Both have had relatively fair runs for a WTA international, Tig's has been slightly tougher, particularly with the addition of Sevastova, even if she is a bit out of sorts this year (by her standards - around 30 in the Race), and should really have lost to Bogdan in R1, and Rybakina I feel is really going places and has been really solid for a few months now.

I'll go for Rybakina in 2, like 6-4 6-3 or something.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
Tig has all the home momentum but if Ryba peaks on serve and from the baseline she should blow this basic pusher off the court.

Rybakina would much rather be facing a 1 dimensional average counter puncher instead of a box of tricks like Siegemund.

Although saying that, she did deal with the flipkens slice with ease and should have beaten a smart fox like Strycova in Istanbul.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
I would give the slight edge to Rybakina if she can manage to keep the DFs low. Their level is pretty close this week, but Lena is a bit more consistent with her power hitting. She wasn't reading the drop shot super well today though, so if Tig uses that to her advantage and doesn't get out-hit, she could take it.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I mean if Buzărnescu showed up at 30 years old or so, Tzig is just 25 in one week. At 25 years old you are still capable of performance. If you are really talented. Today you can play tennis until you are 35 or more.

And this girl is talented imo, in 2015 at Baku on hard she beat in straight sets Pavlyuchenkova and very convincing. In 2016 at Madrid Masters she defeated also in straight sets Stephens and Keys, and advancing Kasatkina in 3 sets.

Her coach and husband is this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Răzvan_Sabău. Former world No 2 in juniors and junior Slam winner but failed in seniors because of injuries. He just had 2 ATP semifinals, ranked highest #74 in 2005. He was a very technical player from Bolletieri Academy. It's a pity Tzig lost some years.
Okay, lima, I get ur point.

·
Registered
28,458 Posts
Tig has all the home momentum but if Ryba peaks on serve and from the baseline she should blow this basic pusher off the court.

Rybakina would much rather be facing a 1 dimensional average counter puncher instead of a box of tricks like Siegemund.

Although saying that, she did deal with the flipkens slice with ease and should have beaten a smart fox like Strycova in Istanbul.
LOL at the ignorance of calling powerful Tig a “basic pusher” :spit:

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Rybakina 1/2, Tig 6/4. Probably how I would have priced it. Good opportunity for both though.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Haven't watched any of this tourney but surprised Tig's a returning mom like who's not a mom these days?
And it seems Rybak is improving and finally making one million Kazakh dollars she received worth.

·
Registered
14,947 Posts
Tig had been Rock solid. Her opponent hits hard but if Tig can extend the points she can illicit errors. The crowd will help Tig. I pick Tig in two.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts