Keep calm and be gay.
51,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will win?
Makiri leads H2H 2-1

·
Banned
11,141 Posts
This is literally a top dog vs the annoying baby dog trying to act like his daddy.

I think Petrocious will still pull through, despite how bad she is right now. Jokiri has nothing to hurt her with when they start rallying.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
MAKIRI please :inlove:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I think Petra's problems had more to do with Carla's game bothering her than anything else. Makiri is a different player and a different matchup. I think Petra will have it easier this time.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I will vote on this intruiging match only after I find out if the match will be played outdoors in the daytime Austratian heat which benefits Makiri or at night when it's cooler which I'm sure is what Petra would prefer. Kvitova is a the big favorite in this match and deservedly so but I think Maria has a chance if the match is played outdoors in the heat with a little wind thrown in as well. ;)

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
This is literally a top dog vs the annoying baby dog trying to act like his daddy.

I think Petrocious will still pull through, despite how bad she is right now. Jokiri has nothing to hurt her with when they start rallying.
:ras:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Petra in 2 tight sets. I refuse to believe 3rdroundirenko will push her to a third. Hate her game.
You hate Kirilenko's game? To each their own I guess. If you don't like her that's okay but I think Maria actually has a nice all court game. She's one of the few WTA players who plays all court tennis with fine touch at the net and can hit winners from everyhwere. Sure Maria lacks weapons and power but in my opinion the WTA Tour needs more players with variety and touch like Kirilenko than more power players. Women's tennis has enough power players to last the next 100 years. :eek:

As for your prediction of Petra in 2 tight sets it might be easier than that especially with Petra remembering their last match and how she dismantled Masha in Moscow.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
You hate Kirilenko's game? If you don't like her that's okay but Maria actually has a nice all court game. She's one of the few WTA players who plays all court tennis with fine touch at the net and can hit winners from everyhwere. Sure Maria lacks weapons and power but in my opinion the WTA Tour needs more players with variety and touch. Women's tennis has enough power players to last the next 100 years. :eek:

As for your prediction of Petra in 2 tight sets it might be easier than that especially with Petra remembering their last match and how she dismantled Masha in Moscow.
Agreed, Kirilenko is a good player.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Agreed, Kirilenko is a good player.
She should be a better player than she is. Maria has slightly underacheived in her career because of UE's and not having a Sharapova like mental toughness.. But Kirilenko is outsized and overpowered by most top players it's really hard for her to make a dent at the top of women's tennis. That said Makiri has the touch, feel and finesse that I enjoy seeing and it's rare in women's tennis these days.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Petra has trouble outdoors and the aussie courts/heat doesn't suit her game. She should still win in two tight sets or in three becuase she is bound to have a lapse in the match.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts