Tennis Forum banner

WWW?

• Total voters
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
Gauff's coverage of the court is unique, fast and smart. Her movement is incredible. Her shots display impressive fire and cool strategy.

I don't underrate Kenin who is also a great competitor and fine observer of the field herself, but Gauff's assets impress me more.

If something can play against her, it's her youth. That's the kind of soft bet a majority of the poll votes seem to go for (unless they just reject the hype, but that's blind). Cowardice deserves to be punished. 馃槇

Registered
The only way Kenin loses this is if the hype of the player across from her digs in... Kenin lost her last two matches against (another rising star) Andreescu last year and those last two were after Bianca was getting the rockstar aura about her.
Coco is not hyped. She is winning where most girls her age are losing.

Registered
I see Coco winning in straight sets. Her serve is too big for Kenin. She has great defense and great movement,plus, she is a fighter and has more shots ... slices, volleys, flat, loopy, etc... She is a more complete player than Kenin.

Registered
I think Kenin should get this in 3 sets but I'll be damned if I said Gauff doesn't stand a chance. She has been very impressive.

Looking forward to this match tomorrow morning!

Registered
It would be incredible for coco to win this match. Kenin presents a completely different matchup than Osaka or Cirstea; less power but a much more stable game. So Coco is going to have to consistently create offense imo. But I think she can do it. We shall see. Not confident but I think coco takes this in three.

Registered
Kenin is pretty mentally tough and has good variety. She wont give this away, Co Co will have to really earn it. I think Kenin will win a competitive match.

Registered
I think CoCo is going to win. CoCo, like Osaka, loves the big occasions. She is a big tournament player.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts