• Oprandi

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Goerges

Votes: 24 66.7%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Julia to me looked a bit slow today... she didn't have to really execute her shots, and though she had some good ones, there were a lot of silly errors too. Actually I think playing some doubles tomorrow (?) might help her shake off the rust!

Still I pick Julia - she needs a slam breakthrough!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I've no idea and actually I don't care, as I love both of them :hearts: Either Romina or Julia in 4R, just great.

I think Romina might drive Julia crazy but in the end I think Julia has too much firepower, plus with Hercog and Daniilidou she already played players who play similar to Romina.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The year Romina Opprandi played her 2nd best season, Julia won their unique meeting in straight sets the opening round of US Open 2010.

While Romina dropped out of Top 100 after Wimbledon 2011 and bounced back winning mainly on ITF level (eg 100K Sofia, 50K Las Vegas, 50K Kansas City, 50K Troy, 25K Rock Hill) Julia was ranked at her peak during the grass court season and entered mainly tournaments at Premier level but lost ground in the 2nd part of the 2011.

I am positive that Julia will use her huge opportunity to advance into a GS-R4 for the first time in her career on Friday.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Julia to me looked a bit slow today... she didn't have to really execute her shots, and though she had some good ones, there were a lot of silly errors too. Actually I think playing some doubles tomorrow (?) might help her shake off the rust!

Still I pick Julia - she needs a slam breakthrough!
julia wrote on twitter that she is "satisfied" with the way she played :lol::spit:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
She better be ready to take the net, and most of the time it won't be on her terms. :lol:

·
PharMaria Co. CFO
14,207 Posts
fascinating how every journeywoman has chance to get R4. Hopefuly Dropshot Dame´s body will hold together for 2 sets and sends home this milkmaid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts