Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Romanian superstar

Votes: 40 75.5%

• Total voters
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
If Kontaveit comes out swinging and hitting the lines she has a great chance, if she can hold it together mentally. If she puts in an error strewn performance then it’s easily Halep’s.

You never quite know how nerves will impact on a player’s first quarterfinal.. Halep will need to keep the ball low and minimise Kontaveit’s ability to attack.

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
Anett should win if she is playing her game and keeping errors in check. Something about her seems different and more confident. Halep could implode if Anett isn't missing.

·
Registered
53,425 Posts
The great WALL Halep never in doubt

The SF vs Mug or Pav will be a lot tougher

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I can't see Anett winning this unless she goes all-out basher and her shots land in. She can't afford to show any signs of passivity, or Halep will just move her all around the court, exhausting her.

Not to say she doesn't have a chance, though - it's just a small one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I really don't care man, as long as it's not Pavs from this half I've got someone to root for anyways.

Realistically Simo won't lose this, Anett mentally is just too bad in these tough moments, even choked badly against Iga.
How you can compare this to the Anisimova match in Paris is beyond me. Halep played the worst match in a late Slam round maybe since the Pennetta loss and still had a million chances to get back in it. This won't happen again, especially not with Simona losing as Anett never ever could keep it together in moments like this.

·
Banned
2,412 Posts
They never played so there will be some figuring out to do. Halep in 3 I guess.
They played 2x in 2017. Miami and Rome. Halep won both but that was almost three years ago. Very long time and Kontaveit has developed into a better, more confident player since that time. So, I guess that result doesn't matter and perhaps you COULD say they never played because I'm not sure how relevant to 2020 those matches are.

·
Registered
113,179 Posts
Hard to believe Kontaveit, Pavlyuchenkova are still alive. I'd like that SF but dont expect it

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I really like Anett. And at 24, after knocking on heaven's door for a few seasons now, this could be the perfect time to really establish herself a bona fide contender. Having said that, Simona is flying under the radar, but playing very smart, solid tennis. Anett would need to be at her very best to dispatch the Wimbledon champ.

I'm going with Simona in a tough two-set win—something like 75 64.

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
Anett has a good chance here. She has the power to hit through most players. But Simona is a tough player and wont fold easily. I still think if Simona serves well, she will win because she will create enough chances to break in Anetts service. Anett has to play spectacular attacking tennis to win this all through the match.

You make good points. Halep has great serving sats in this tournament so I expect a lot of pressure on Kontaveit.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Halep imho has the title locked up. She goes into peak retriever mode and won't miss a ball.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
Yaaaasssss Nettu, let's goooo! Now that your ultra annoying ass fan is gone, I like you so much better. She has such a nice looking game, and seems like a sweet girl.
Please spare us of Screamona.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts