• Barbora Krejcikova

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.4%
41 - 60 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Are Barty and Krejcikova the new Serena-Capriati? The last always seemed to be in the same quarter too.

·
Registered
13,060 Posts
They gave Naomi's nemeses to others to beat them, she better not f this draw up. Especially starting will the moonballer-slicer.
Good to see Yastremska back amongst the big names.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It should be between Barty and Osaka unless a dark horse pulls a Monica Puig

·
Premium Member
65,662 Posts
Worst possible draws for the Swiss.
Bencic-Pegula
If she beats her, Krejcikova and Barty in the same quarter.

Golubic possibly facing Osaka in R2 😢

And doubles vs. #2 Aoyama/Shibahara

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I think it's a pretty evenly spread draw and most seeds have a chance of making it through their quarter.
Each quarter except the 3rd has a couple of grand slam winners.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I would really like Bara to meet Ash later.
But look Elina or Marketa will win gold and then TF shall burn.

·
Registered
116,611 Posts
How does Osaka get Bertens?!? What a lucky draw. Maybe Golubic will play well and knock Naomi off
Otherwise, its a pretty fair draw, Pliskova avoids Pegula

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Thanks so much for posting. (y)
Is there a PDF for the men as well?
Can you show me where to find those?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weather Forecast

Attachments

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
A prediction from me,
Neither Barty or Osaka will make the final.
If they meet as expected in round 3, the winner of Sabalenka/Rybakina to win the gold medal, they would play either Swiatek/Pliskova in the final.
Bara/Katka to win the doubles, they would be hurting after losing a close match at Wimbledon, it will not happen again.

·
Registered
13,670 Posts
Very top heavy draw but with the slow courts Swiatek could come through the bottom half.

Reactions: okay888 and Perun

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I have seen that many teams have as coaches just the BJK Cup captain, Davis Cup for males.
Don't know if this is a choice of the individual federation or a requirement by ITF, anyway I wonder if some kind of on court coaching will be allowed at this Olympics, just like in the aforementioned cups.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Honestly, if the courts are slow, Barty could struggle vs SST. After that, Barty-Krejcikova is tough.

Sabalenka-Rybakina again? :(

Muguruza with another tough draw, but she seems to be in a good mood. Still, quite possible medalist (with the slow courts and all)

The marquee quarter is obviously the third one, though unfortunately Ostapenko will probably not get through Pliskova (who avoided Pegula and therefore is unbeatable until the final)

I feel that from the last quarter, Swiatek and Osaka's chances rest quite a bit on how well topspin bites on the courts. Any ideas?

41 - 60 of 177 Posts