• Barbora Krejcikova

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.4%
21 - 40 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Barty gets both RG finalists Pavs and Krej in her section ugh. And of course she gets SST in R1 :/ But the draw could be worse honestly.

Osaka draws Mertens in her section for the umpteenth time. Her initial draw should be straightforward for her. Well, if she is in form then she can navigate any kind of draw, but she might be rusty and thus vulnerable in early rounds.

Mug gets Kud R1? Whoops. Hopefully for her Kvitova doesn't show her Doha form

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I wouldn't count out Ossario
Is it too crazy to think that Golubic has a chance in the 2nd round?
Exactly this. Osorio Serrano or Golubic on a slow hard court could have their chances on an out of match play Osaka.

Reactions: okay888 and Perun

·
Registered
527 Posts
Roughest R1 draw goes to Garb and Kudermetova :/

I'll be predictable and say Gold and Silver go to Ash and Naomi.

If Naomi flops put Iga in the final I guess. The winner of Pegula-Krejcikova is the only one I see troubling Ash, despite my raised eyebrow at that R1 SST draw. And crossing fingers for an inspired Pavs run but Ash seems too good right now.

Ostapenko def. Muguruza for Bronze :cool:
Though I like Sabalenka's shot obviously if she doesn't slip up at say, Rybakina. Tough quarter, yikes.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
#shamelessplug

Join our bracket game at the Olympics section!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Why are Garbine's draws always so fucked up? Come on
She should change her name to Heather Watson. I've never known a lower ranked player to get so much good fortune in the R1 draws (though tends to still lose anyway). LL at Wimbledon and now Friedsam, ranked outside the top 100, 134th in the 2021 race and with only 3 main draw WTA wins in the last 16 months and 2 of those were against Eikeri (Q ranked 271) and Dolehide (ranked 135).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks for typing out the draw. Its a pain trying to look deep into the draw on the website without a pdf version.
Hoping to see a 2nd rd Naomi - MCOS matchup. Naomi should overpower her routinely but if she doesn't. I wanna see MCOS get Naomi running around to the net chasing her short slices.
Why Sabalenka & Rybakina in the same section again? :mad:
PDF draw is available

·
Registered
17,154 Posts
Reactions: Aceqik9

·
Premium Member
4,534 Posts
21 - 40 of 177 Posts