• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I was rooting for Storm, but Arina really deserved it. Very high quality 2nd set too, wonder why the audience was so mute

·
Registered
279 Posts
The end of the second set was actually really entertaining. Storm was the aggressor and was really going for her shots but Arina was an absolute backboard and hit some insane passes from way behind the baseline. Arina will most likely lose in R1 but she earned this WC, I hope Storm gets a WC too she's been playing some nice attacking tennis.

·
Registered
52,092 Posts
Arina was mentally stronger, smarter and more consistent than Storm.
Storm made too many UEs. And Arina made no UEs and brought every ball back.

I watched from 4-4 in the 2nd set. And that was the highest level I saw at this AO WC play-off.
Many very good points. Storm nervous with too many UEs. And Arina playing her absolute best tennis.

Storm belongs in Aus Open Quali. She is just not mentally strong enough.

·
Premium Member
21,301 Posts
Will Arina most likely lose in R1? Yes.

But is it funny that given how much TA dislike the Rodionova's that she finally wins the WC in the one year that they don't have enough WCs to go around? Also yes.
TA have always had a somewhat decent relationship with Arina, I don’t recall there ever being an issue between the two parties. She may not have had handouts but she did play Fed Cup a few times. It did seem like she was more embedded in Aussie tennis than her sister. TA and Nastya definitely weren’t on great terms.

I’d say TA would be annoyed that she won, not because she’s a Rodioniva, but because none of their younger favourites won it.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts