Tennis Forum banner

WWW: 2019 Zhuhai Elite Trophy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Not sure why Matty has gone for that site this time rather than his usual Bet365 as a lot of those odds are out of line with most other bookmakers. I think they might have been 888 Sport, as I was checking oddschecker earlier, but most of those 888 odds have since changed in the past couple of hours:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wta-zhuhai/winner

Muchova ranges from 8-10/1 on that price comparison site, not 11/2 which really does look too small. SaiSai is generally 22-25/1, but still the biggest outsider (which is no surprise given she is ranked 40th and a WC). Dayana (10/1) and Kiki (6/1) are also generally shorter.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Match schedule for Tuesday:

Not Before 2:00 pm
🎾A. Sabalenka (BLR) vs M. Sakkari (GRE)
🎾K. Bertens (NED) vs D. Vekic (CRO)

Not Before 7:30 pm
🎾M. Keys (USA) vs [WC] S. Zheng (CHN)
I reckon the winner of the night match will win the whole thing.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
Wanted better odds on Muchova, oh well.

Sakkari and Yastremska decent value i guess.

Sakkari won a huge amount of points on return vs Sabalenka in their previous match, caused loads of trouble.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Wanted better odds on Muchova, oh well.

Sakkari and Yastremska decent value i guess.

Sakkari won a huge amount of points on return vs Sabalenka in their previous match, caused loads of trouble.
Better odds than the 11/2, or the 10/1 at Bet365, or both? She's 9/1 at 11 of the 14 bookies listed, but 10/1 isn't bad value IMO. She does have a pretty hard group though - I'd have been more confident if she replaced SaiSai in Orchid and had Keys and Martic as her higher ranked players than Kenin and Riske (even though she lost to Keys the other week).

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
A bunch of players are missing from the line-up. Konta and Vondrousova are injured, but what happened to Kerber, Anisimova, Stephens and Kontaveit? Are they all injured or did they simply not bother?

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
Better odds than the 11/2, or the 10/1 at Bet365, or both? She's 9/1 at 11 of the 14 bookies listed, but 10/1 isn't bad value IMO. She does have a pretty hard group though - I'd have been more confident if she replaced SaiSai in Orchid and had Keys and Martic as her higher ranked players than Kenin and Riske (even though she lost to Keys the other week).
Will try the bet-fair exchange , some cheeky fecker trying to get matched on Dayana at 100 currently.:D

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Azalea group is a tough one to call.
Camellia group could be a good watch.
Orchid group is a bit meh.
Rose group, Sabalenka and Mertens together :haha:

Tough to pick a winner but I'll say Sabalenka or Kenin.

A bunch of players are missing from the line-up. Konta and Vondrousova are injured, but what happened to Kerber, Anisimova, Stephens and Kontaveit? Are they all injured or did they simply not bother?
The way Angie and Sloane have been playing lately, they probably couldn't be arsed.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Kerber is also injured (leg). Kontaveit was ill. Anisimova should not have been playing this season at all with after what happened and Sloane probably did not bother. Can't blame them.

·
Registered
21,412 Posts
Thanks for posting the groups - I checked the WTA website, and didn't see them there (surprise).

Hmm...I'm hoping Madison and Dayana can make a splash here, and the their respective groups given them a decent shot at doing that. I'd give Muchova better chance if she were in a more amenable group, but Riske and Kenin are going to be tough foes.

Still, I feel Sabs can take this, so she's my pick.

How's the court speed, BTW?
Fast.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Kontaveit also is injured...she hasn't played much in last 2 months...Anisimova I think probably wanted to take a break after her father's death (she played around only 2-3 matches since then I think). Not sure about Kerber

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Honestly not sure... there are several in this event that could peak and blow the rest away.... but are so unpredictable. For the year she has had, it would be nice for Kenin to end with a title here, as she has only won MM's this season. I guess maybe she would be my top choice...
but I could also throw out Keys, Riske, Sabalenka, Yastremska. Bertens is highest ranked, but I don't see her winning here, she is done this year. Burnt out.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts