Votes: 42 40.8%
  • Serena in 3 sets

Votes: 20 19.4%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two girls just meet one time in last year's stuggart' 2nd round, that is Serena's first match after she got the US open title and back to the #1, Na beated her and helped Jelena back to the #1,
So it's very interesting about their second meet in Miami, can Na end Serena's #1 again and help Dinara go to #1 for the first time???

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Re: WWW:Miami/QF:Na Li VS Serena Wlliams

Not to sound too picky or anything, but it's Li Na...you know how the Chinese switch it up with the names. Not sure why but it irks me that most people refer to her as Na Li, when it should be Li Na.

I pick Williams Serena for the win.

Reactions: Bremen

·
Premium Member
27,415 Posts

Serena 6-4 6-4... Li NA will implode with unforced errors trying to overpower Serena

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

and also, could Serena break the 3 chinese great walls in 3 rounds in a row???

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I just use “NA LI” for the international tradition cos we see "NA LI" most in the television

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
na/serena in 3. :spit:

·
Registered
15,657 Posts
Serena will win. She had her bad match and will clean it up. I think Li Na will go for too much outside of her comfort zone and it will not prove successful.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Well, Serena said that this is the match-up she wanted, so I take it she is ready.

Wow, three Chinese players in a row.:wavey:

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
so excited. will na save or kill the wtaworld? :p

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
It's Miami. If Serena loses she loses only to great players : Hingis, Capriati, Venus. Na Li is not one of them.

·
Registered
12,384 Posts
It's Miami. If Serena loses she loses only to great players : Hingis, Capriati, Venus. Na Li is not one of them.
but she can play like one. She's the new Mary Pierce. Hit the ball as hard as possible, as soon as possible, in any position and go for the lines. She'll never be a "great" player a la Hingis, Venus, etc. but she'll have her days and her moments in the sun.
In all honesty if Na Li has one of her good days Serena would need to play her best to get a win. Since she's playing Serena I think Na will have one of her good days I just hope Serena is ready to weather the storm.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nothing's guaranteed, but I think Serena will win and do it in such a way to send out a statement. If Li Na (yes, not only do I realise that this is correct, but it sounds better too so I'm more than happy to switch) is on her game then watch out! But I have a feeling that Serena is going to peak exactly when she needs to.

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
This is annoying,Then don't play yet,some people aeems furious:shrug:

I don't know,I want Na wins,but also want Serena keeps #1,pretty contradictory:(

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You cannot try to avoid the embarracement of WTA world depending on Na's loss.
Expecting a great match, and hope Na will win

1 - 20 of 64 Posts