Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The control Dayana has with her power off the ground is amazing. She is able to create so many openings by playing with margin and she can construct the point really well. She can hit winners from anywhere on the court. Also, she exudes confidence in her mannerisms. So special.

·
Registered
87,493 Posts
Re: Wuhan R3: Yastremska comprehensively beats (2) Pliskova 6-1 6-4

Dayana :hearts: if she only could play like today!!

·
Registered
21,240 Posts

Pliskova when she is getting creamed looks so impotent. And she is supposed to be the world no.2! Yastremska held her nerve in the final two service games (saved BP on each) but really it felt totally on her racket. The commentator said she was at +10 W/UE ratio near the end of the match to Pliskova's highly negative territory.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts

Yastremska doing us a favour and cockblocking Karolina from the #1 spot. :cheer:

Has got to feel good after choking against Pliskova with multiple match points in Madrid. And i'm surprised this is her first top 10 win. I would hate to play her on one of these days where she's hitting return winners off first serves just for fun. :lol: It remains to be seen whether or not she can do this more consistency... she's usually not this controlled or smart with her point construction but it's good to see.

Another great kit from Yonex too, really suits her.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts

Flawless performance from our ballbashing princess :hearts: she peaked kinda out of nowhere today, she was so bad in the last matches :eek:h:

Also first win against a top 10 :bigclap:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts

Yikes. One of those nights where Yastremska managed to contain her errors and the winners were flowing from all parts of the court that left Pliskova stranded.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts

yes it was a flawless performance. if you didn't know you would have thought that dayana was the world number 2 today.

pliskova was not allowed to play well.

i'm hoping for a sabalenka v yastremska final, it is possible, it would be a great match although i would feel sorry for the tennis balls.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts

Pliskova was rather listless, but really positively impressed by Dayana's play today. Not because of the flashy winners - we already know she can hit plenty of them any given day - but quite for the opposite: she played some measured controlled aggression, not going for broke at every single ball, and even threw in there a few defensive slices and dropshots (still to be perfected, of course) to disrupt Bot's rhythm and regain ground in defensive positions. She's still very much a work in progress, but I'm happy to see her play smarter and really trying to implement new things in her game: that's the right path to follow as pure mindless ballbashing won't cut it at the highest level, so hopefully it won't be a flash in the pan but the foundations for a steady tactical progress instead.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts

Smart move by Karo, already saving herself for Beijing and YEC :cheer:

Congrats to the young Ukrainian.

·
Registered
23,256 Posts

if i had to guess yas was hitting inside the baseline for a change and karos serve went mia.
close?

·
Registered
13,282 Posts

Thank you Dayana! :)

·
Registered
21,240 Posts

if i had to guess yas was hitting inside the baseline for a change and karos serve went mia.
close?
Karo was serving at a high % rate (69% first serves in is very good).
She got done by everything else, not even moving for some balls Yastremska hit. Pliskova is just not that good especially when she plays a heavy ballstriker.

·
Registered
115,567 Posts

The only question with Yastremska is mental. She didnt show up at all in her NYC loss
But when she is on, she can upset anyone

1 - 20 of 46 Posts