Tennis Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
They are airing the replay of the match on SuperTennis and Cinà said to Vinci "Al corpo, al corpo che ti tira fuori di un metro" translation: To the body, to the body (about the serve), [don't you see] that she hits 1 mt long" :hysteric:
You can always count on Petra to give you at least two free/cheap points on serve even if you serve like Errani. I wonder what goes through her mind when she prepares herself to return those 60-70 mph serves. Someone should attach electrodes to her head and carry out a study.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Re: Wuhan R3: Vinci def (2) Kvitova 7-6(3) 6-2

Her variety was too much for Peak Petra.....she could of at least won a set.....
A typical bad match-up for Petra - solid retriever just in zone, experienced enough, slicing Petra to death.

That could be expected.

An ideal path for Petra to a big title was Wimby 2014 while having to face Hlavackova, Barthel, Venus, Shuai Peng, with the only exception of Strycova, Safarova and Bouchard.

All of them ball bashers (excl. Barbie) with Petra being the best of them in this category.

Let her play an active technically skilled retriever, Petra is done (its always so with her).

So nothing new, lets hope, Petra does not get Vinci, Carla or Timea or someone like that in Beijing in her draw.

·
Registered
8,378 Posts

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
^ Roberta has regained her form when she dumped the Pure Drive racquet - a contract more $$$ worthy, but ill-suited for her game - to switch back to her old Head. She had it blacked out during the summer with fake Babolat logo, but everyone knew it was her old one.
That explains a lot. I was surprised she was using a Babolat and doing well, because those rackets are not so great for single handers and/or touch players. Radwanska is a different cup of tea.

·
Registered
47,478 Posts
Wow Vinci...that slice and dicing is surely working.

·
GIMME SHELTER
47,996 Posts
Re: Wuhan R3: Vinci def (2) Kvitova 7-6(3) 6-2

Good to see Vinci's wins after USO :yeah:

She proves that it wasn't an accident
:hatoff:

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
That explains a lot. I was surprised she was using a Babolat and doing well, because those rackets are not so great for single handers and/or touch players. Radwanska is a different cup of tea.
Martinez threw away her career for a fat check from Wilson.

She never played at the level she produced with her Donnay.

She also fattened up.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
The Slicomatic wins another...

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
You can always count on Petra to give you at least two free/cheap points on serve even if you serve like Errani. I wonder what goes through her mind when she prepares herself to return those 60-70 mph serves. Someone should attach electrodes to her head and carry out a study.
She is probably thinking "I must hit this as hard as humanely possible not matter what!"

Sometimes with slows serves though, it can be very easy to mistime them. I actually find mid-paced serves the easiest to return. The slow, high bouncing serves from which you have to generate your own pace, if timed perfectly you are guaranteed a winner but it is harder than serves were you can use the pace and just direct the ball into a corner or something.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts