Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: Wuhan R3: Vinci def (2) Kvitova 7-6(3) 6-2

Isn't she the USO 2015 champion?

Roberta goes from clarity to clarity - Well done woman!!
Of course she is.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
The little giant slayer :cheer:

·
Registered
7,631 Posts

Of course she is.
:lol: shows how much tennis that Mashafan watches. Can't believe she thinks Vinci was the winner :rolls:

I knew Roberta would slay her. I said it in LC yesterday.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts

:lol: shows how much tennis that Mashafan watches. Can't believe she thinks Vinci was the winner :rolls:

I knew Roberta would slay her. I said it in LC yesterday.
My bad *smacking my head* :lol: - Roberta was the runner up and Pennetta the champion - It's just because that semifinal felt like the final for some reason - Sowwy - I've now edited the mistake in my previous post

·
Registered
25,214 Posts

Don't be hard on Kvitova though, she does have Mono
Once she takes the court, Mono doesn't count anymore. It's like Sjogren's syndrome with Venus. Sucks that she has to deal with it, but it doesn't determine how she plays. Everybody has challenges. How they adjust determines how they play.

Vinci has figured something out. And until the tour adjusts, she'll do well. But, nines times out of ten, the peleton catches the heroic, individual breakaway.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts

Once she takes the court, Mono doesn't count anymore. It's like Sjogren's syndrome with Venus. Sucks that she has to deal with it, but it doesn't determine how she plays. Everybody has challenges. How they adjust determines how they play.

Vinci has figured something out. And until the tour adjusts, she'll do well. But, nines times out of ten, the peleton catches the heroic, individual breakaway.
Vinci has always been a bad- match-up for Kvitova. So this match was 50-50 from the start.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts

Once she takes the court, Mono doesn't count anymore. It's like Sjogren's syndrome with Venus. Sucks that she has to deal with it, but it doesn't determine how she plays.
:eek: So as you see it, conditions that produce muscle fatigue have no effect on how they play?

I don't know if PK still has mono - according to her she has a cold. :shrug: Whatever it is, the effects were showing since her first match. VW has a regime to help prevent flare-ups. But at those times when there is a flare-up of course it affects her play.

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Leonarda! Painting champs out the picture. :lol:

·
Registered
47,626 Posts
Not too surprising, Petra literally couldn't string 3 points together yesterday until she was down 5-3 in the third. She has struggled with Vinci before, at least she didn't completely embarrass herself and lose to Gavrilova or Konta or someone...

Nice to see Vinci backing up her USO F with another top 5 win. She can get back in the top 15 with a win over Pliskova in the next round.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts

I believe in calling a spade a spade.. no point in denying something exists that is real. That goes for Vinci's current great form as well.

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Petra :facepalm: But good for Vinci that she can keep her level after a GS final. :yeah:

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
^ Roberta has regained her form when she dumped the Pure Drive racquet - a contract more $$$ worthy, but ill-suited for her game - to switch back to her old Head. She had it blacked out during the summer with fake Babolat logo, but everyone knew it was her old one.

·
Registered
15,045 Posts
For me this was the most predictable result of the day. As soon as the daria match was finished, it was clear she took Petra with her by tiring her

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
For me this was the most predictable result of the day. As soon as the daria match was finished, it was clear she took Petra with her by tiring her
Grim Ripelova :tears: She could have taken Shitra with her though

61 - 80 of 116 Posts