Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
With age and experience it's all starting to click together for Martic?
QF against Ash Barty should be interesting.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,064 Posts
With age and experience it's all starting to click together for Martic?
QF against Ash Barty should be interesting.
Whatever happens in that one it will be a win-win result for me. I love them both. Should be a very entertaining match with a lot of skill on display from both sides of the court. Would have been a very worthy final in my view.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it's safe to assume Martic serve is one of the best 5 on tour right now: high percentages, accurate placements and great mixing of slice, kick and powerful ones.

It's time for a big win for Petra.
Her mental progresses have been impressive, now she only needs to bring this mentality also against top players being aware she belongs to that group. Her latest results fully proves that.

I hope she will be relaxed against Barty, as it can really come out a great match between these two.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,064 Posts
Can she still qualify for Shenzhen? I mean we get one of these last minute qualifiers every year why not Martic
Yes, she can. But it is going to take an outstanding performance from her in each of the next two weeks, probably requiring her to reach at least the finals both here and in Beijing. She might even need more points over the last couple of events of the year. It is hard to know exactly how many points Petra would need but it does appear to be within grasp. That said, it will clearly take something very special. Simply winning Wuhan would keep her hopes alive but there would still be much more work to do.

Having said that, Caroline Garcia was in a very similar position to Petra two years ago, prior to the start of Wuhan, and by winning both Wuhan and the Beijing she did indeed qualify for Shenzhen. So qualifying from around where Petra is now, is not unprecedented.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
A place in the top 20 awaits next week. A top 16 seed at the Australian Open also awaits. All very deserved for what has been a tremendous year for Petra. :bowdown:
A career high ranking is so well deserved. Very solid win again today and hopefully it will be a good match with Ash tomorrow. It's so good to see her fulfilling her talent.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Great Petra!
I'm still remembering that comeback vs Ostapenko which was testimony to her mental growth.
IMO, she believes she's a top player now and is just delivering the expected results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts