Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Veronika Kudermetova is a real deal. her shot striking is beautiful to watch. her forehand is so good. she is ready to be No. Russian player.

Poor Bencic. such a great comeback from 0-2 down in 3rd set to 4-2. but her mentality and her serve make her down again.

Fun part is when Bencic is yelling, Kudermetova is shout COME ON! so loud continually.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Looks like Belinda doesn't want to reach the WTA finals. Yeah, that was a bad match from Bencic. :hug: Her serve was especially awful... BB made 13 DFs today! :eek: BB for some reason always flops against her nemesis Kudermetova. I thought the rivalry had turned over a new leaf at Eastbourne, but apparently not. Their H2H is 3-1 in favour of Kudermetova now. Veronika has a good game, but she didn't really have to play exceptionally either today to get the win. The last game she had multiple MPs on Bencic's serve and she sent many returns out on them, but BB decided she wanted to lose today. Bencic became the only top 10 seed in this tournament to lose this round (yep Sloane made it as well) :eek:h: Hopefully Bencic improves and plays better in Beijing.

Anyways, first top 10 win for Veronika, congrats!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
First top 10 win for Kudermetova ! She's talented for sure

she made some clutch point and strong first serve here

she looked a bit spent to me... but strangely Bencic folded like a low cost tent, missed routine shot at the net when Veronika come back in the third set !

Dont know what to make of this loss ? embarrassing... surely !

Still her brat behaviour is a weakness ! hope the USO run was not a fluke one...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Grim. Nothing against Kuder, and good to see her continue to progress, but a huge opportunity missed for Bencic here in the Race to Shenzhen, and she gets 1 point instead of 105. With her pulling out of Osaka, and Svitolina and particularly Bertens doing very little in their 2 prior events, I thought Belinda had played a blinder as she would have been well rested, and has a couple of low counters that she can easily replace, but not to be, and now on to Beinjing. 2 BPs not converted to serve for the match at 5-2 and it went downhill from there.

She's down for Linz but not Luxemborugh or Moscow, so she'll probably be scrapping around for a WC there.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
My God.... Basiclinda is SUCH. A. BRAT! Whiney whiney BRAT. How unwatchable! Thank you, Kuder, for eliminating her. Let's hope she misses out on the YEC as well.
Kuder can play so well, I do like her strokes. The FH especially is pleasant to watch.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I didn't see the match but it's very hard to be BeBe fan... specially when WTA Finals are close and race is getting close too. Oh, Beli, wake up girl.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
I'll bandwagon Kuder.

She needs a mental coach to get her over the line tho

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Bertens will pass Bencic in the Race to Shenzhen if she wins tomorrow. Bencic then can only hope Serena withdraws from YEC.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bertens will pass Bencic in the Race to Shenzhen if she wins tomorrow. Bencic then can only hope Serena withdraws from YEC.
Even if Serena withdraws, Bencic could still be the 9th in the race, she must pass one of the Svitolina or Bertens by her own.

what a missed bye opportunity

what a missed 105 points

·
Registered
543 Posts
This match potentially has major implications for Shenzhen. There's not too much need to worry for Bencic just yet unless both Bertens and Svitolina win tomorrow, which is unlikely based on Sabalenka's current form, but Beijing is going to be important if she doesn't want to leave her fate up to Serena's whims.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Veronika Kudermetova is a real deal. her shot striking is beautiful to watch. her forehand is so good. she is ready to be No. Russian player.

Poor Bencic. such a great comeback from 0-2 down in 3rd set to 4-2. but her mentality and her serve make her down again.

Fun part is when Bencic is yelling, Kudermetova is shout COME ON! so loud continually.
I'm afraid the thread title should be "Wuhan..." instead of "Wohan..." (you can correct it in advanced editing mode, or what is it's name...)

·
Registered
12,486 Posts
Belinda has lost quite a few matches she should have won 6-1 6-1 or 6-2 6-2 this year....

Don't even know how she lost to Andreescu, was the better player for the most part.

She’s so close to finding a level /zen she is content with.

I can see where the anger is stemming from.

First match since the USO , Vera is talented and got some matches under her belt, she really should have lost this though.

Belinda has blown YEC, sad.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Kudermetova - who?
Kud started the year at #133 and is quietly moving on up, and now has a live ranking of #42.
Kud has a good all round game, good power and good defense, but no outstanding shots.
-
Next match for Kud is Martic, who has a similar but better game --- no chance.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Belinda has lost quite a few matches she should have won 6-1 6-1 or 6-2 6-2 this year....

Don't even know how she lost to Andreescu, was the better player for the most part.

She’s so close to finding a level /zen she is content with.

I can see where the anger is stemming from.

First match since the USO , Vera is talented and got some matches under her belt, she really should have lost this though.

Belinda has blown YEC, sad.
Lmao nice shark jump, there.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Always and forever.
33,800 Posts
Veronika :cheer:

Bencic is overrated. She plays smart, but lacks power/weapons ...
She isn't. This is a stupid thing to say. She totally deserves to be in the top 10 after the season she's had. She plays great against the very best, has had sooo many top 10 wins this season, more than anyone else on Tour I think, but the problem is that she sometimes struggles in the early rounds of tournaments because she puts too much pressure on herself. Once she plays freely, she's fantastic to watch.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
She isn't. This is a stupid thing to say. She totally deserves to be in the top 10 after the season she's had. She plays great against the very best, has had sooo many top 10 wins this season, more than anyone else on Tour I think, but the problem is that she sometimes struggles in the early rounds of tournaments because she puts too much pressure on herself. Once she plays freely, she's fantastic to watch.
I never said Bencic does not deserve to be in Top 10.
I said "overrated" and not "overranked". 2 different words :p

She is overrated by people who say about her things like Top 3 and Grand Slam titles.
Bencic lacks weapons and power. That is clear to see. We see it again and again and again.
She can only beat the best Top power players if they have a bad day (weak serving, poor movement, many UEs or are good match-ups like Osaka).

I also like her smart game - especially when she plays aggressive ;)
We will see if Bencic will reach Top 3 (not only for 1 week) and win Grand Slams.

·
Registered
12,486 Posts
I never said Bencic does not deserve to be in Top 10.
I said "overrated" and not "overranked". 2 different words :p

She is overrated by people who say about her things like Top 3 and Grand Slam titles.
Bencic lacks weapons and power. That is clear to see. We see it again and again and again.
She can only beat the best Top power players if they have a bad day (with weak serving, poor movement and many UEs).

And I also like her smart game - especially when she plays aggressive ;)
We will see if Bencic will reach Top 3 (not only for 1 week) and win a Grand Slam.
You are wrong on this Rucolo.

Her serve is awesome when on.... She can absorb and redirect power so well, unlike any other player i have seen. She can cope with any game style, usually players that lack weapons get bossed about by the big hitters, not Belinda...... She reads the game so well, judges the balance between defence/attack effortlessly.

She had bps for 6-2 *3-6 *5-2 today, it’s just lack of focus/bad luck that is costing her at the mo.

She gave Andreescu the toughest match at the USO, she just needs to mature. Some players take longer than others but she’s getting there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts