Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karo :inlove: Needs to be better, but I will take this win against dangerous talented oponent.

Amanda's serve was terrible and because of that, couldn't hold at both leads in both sets. But good fight, anyway.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Pliskova is a solid top player for this era. very focus and dictate the ball so well plus good serve.

Anisimova hasn't answer to Pliskova's game. need to learn more how the play with top player.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Re: Wuhan R2: [2]Pliskova def. Anisimova 6-3 6-3

Considering what happened I find hard to judging Amanda's performance before the start of next season. Sure her match confirmed she has literally no serve but it's something we already knew.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts

Amanda had chances for an early double break and was sending her returns deep at Karo's feet. Slow start for Pliskova but she pulled out the serves when needed and put Anisimova under pressue on Amanda's serve.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

Amanda had chances for an early double break and started was sending her returns deep at Karo's feet. Slow start for Pliskova but she pulled out the serves when needed and put Anisimova under pressue on Amanda's serve.

42% FS Points won is just terrible.

·
Registered
23,254 Posts

nice stats for karo.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

Not a bad performance from Karo. She was losing her serve quite easily in this match though, which is something she has to fix before her next match. It was obvious from her strokes that she's playing without much pressure though, which is a rare sign from her during the asian swing due to WTFs :lol: hopefully she will finally do something more here than usual.

Yastremska next could be tough though, she always seems to meet the BBBs on their good days :eek:h:

Amanda was far from being 100 % and it was pretty obvious. I think she should've just come back next season, but I suppose sitting at home doing "nothing" might not have done her good any further, either. :hug:

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

Amanda's serving was awful. Karolina didn't serve well either for her standards. Overall though, Pliskova is just too solid, even though it was not Amanda's best showing for sure. Better luck with draw in Beijing, hopefully. I wonder if she will play something after it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

Look at the first set serve stats for Anisimova :SNE:

And you can see the speed of probably her worst first serve today:

Nope, that's not mph, it's kmh :lol: Funnily enough she won the point because Kaja was surprised by the speed of the serve and mishit her return :haha:

That kind of a serve is not really going to cut it. Amanda's groundstrokes weren't too great, but she's super rusty thanks to her unfortunate break, so it makes sense.

Pliskova on the other hand went MIA on her serve at times which allowed Amanda to break her a couple of times. But there were flashes of amazing shot making as well. She really needs to cut down on those lows if she wants to go deep in this tournament.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts

despite the fact that karo had some good statistics, i thought it was a pretty poor looking match.

karo after being 0-2 down in both sets, ( i think she was asleep both times) managed to find a way to win.

even though amanda was poor, it's nice to see her back on tour. it must be difficult for her, but she's trying hard, and to be fair karo isn't someone you want to play when you have just come back.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts

27% First serves won :eek: When I left watching, Karo had lost 8 straight points to open the match and was trailing 02 :spit: :lol:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

Amanda's serving was awful. Karolina didn't serve well either for her standards. Overall though, Pliskova is just too solid, even though it was not Amanda's best showing for sure. Better luck with draw in Beijing, hopefully. I wonder if she will play something after it.
she's in the entry list of Tianjin

·
Registered
23,254 Posts

wonder if amanda is injured or something, 117 ks for a first serve is worrying. :unsure:

·
Registered
7,428 Posts

wonder if amanda is injured or something, 117 ks for a first serve is worrying. :unsure:
Tbf most of her first serves were in the 140-150 kmph range. The 117 serve has some spin to it. Though even with spin and maybe changing your pace of serve intentionally it really shouldn't go this low. It was quite jarring when Pliskova's second serve was faster than some of Amanda's first serves.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

she's in the entry list of Tianjin
(I kinda had a wish to see her play indoors :sad:) But I guess it's better to just stay in China. Glad I have another player to watch at Tianjin Slam, after Naomi - if she won't withdraw, since she's basically confirmed for Shenzhen. And Amanda had her leg taped too...well, hopefully it's not serious.

·
Registered
87,437 Posts

Don´t care about the result..just happy to see Amanda on court!! :hug:

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
87,437 Posts

That robot :help: no nice word for Amanda at shake hands after all she was going through.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts