Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sloane was really solid in the first and last sets. Had some serving woes in the 2nd set but fought through in 3 to win.

Plays Kvitova next.

·
Registered
40,192 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Giorgi made her look useless last week!
Fortunately she found a couple of Chinese scrubs here to get some confidence back!
Hopefully she can build on this, but Petra is another level compared to 1st and 2nd round.

·
Premium Member
44,019 Posts
A good win. Yafan Wang is dangerous opponent for any out-of-form player. Sloane seems finally on her way to fix it (for a while at least :eek:h:).

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Giorgi made her look useless last week!
Fortunately she found a couple of Chinese scrubs here to get some confidence back!
Hopefully she can build on this, but Petra is another level compared to 1st and 2nd round.
Both of those scrubs are ranked higher than Giorgi who didn’t do shit but watch Sloane not be able to hit the broad side of a barn last week. Maybe try actually watching the matches.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Great to see Sloane digging a little deeper and getting some wins.
These courts could really suit her game. Keep going!!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Both of those scrubs are ranked higher than Giorgi who didn’t do shit but watch Sloane not be able to hit the broad side of a barn last week. Maybe try actually watching the matches.
Relax.
And I watched the matches. Both the Giorgi and the Wang one.
I do not care about ranking. It's enough to know their game and way they can/can't play. You can build up your ranking the way you want, with ITFs and weak internationals.
Actually Giorgi in that match did more than "shit" to use your classy word and it was plenty of great winners.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I think in the long run- this is the better Wang....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Relax.
And I watched the matches. Both the Giorgi and the Wang one.
I do not care about ranking. It's enough to know their game and way they can/can't play. You can build up your ranking the way you want, with ITFs and weak internationals.
Actually Giorgi in that match did more than "shit" to use your classy word and it was plenty of great winners.
K. Should’ve watched the Zhang one too. Giorgi is no one’s world beater and would be lucky to be consistent enough or have enough of a brain to construct points a la Zhang or Wang. Giorgi hit 11 first serves in that match - lol at your asinine conclusion that she played great.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
K. Should’ve watched the Zhang one too. Giorgi is no one’s world beater and would be lucky to be consistent enough or have enough of a brain to construct points a la Zhang or Wang. Giorgi hit 11 first serves in that match - lol at your asinine conclusion that she played great.
Have to agree. Giorgi was not great in that match & rather predictably lost in straight sets the next match. Sloane was just lethargic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts