Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lena :cheer: :hearts: :inlove:
Lena really struggled in the 1st and 2nd, Zhu neutralized Lena's shots very well
Odds wouldn't be like that (Zhu 1.61 - Rybakina 2.20) without evidence
but real Lena showed up in the 3rd

Zhu broke earlier in the 9th game of the 1st
but somehow Lena won next 3 games in a row, who won only 3 points in previous 4 return games

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Good win, Zhu was actually the 8/13 pre match favourite for some reason. I guess home advantage and a win in AO quals would have contributed, but was still quite surprised. Zhu served for the first set, but was broken straight back, and then lost the next 2 games - could have been different.

Vekic or Azarenka up next.

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
Good win, Zhu was actually the 8/13 pre match favourite for some reason. I guess home advantage and a win in AO quals would have contributed, but was still quite surprised. Zhu served for the first set, but was broken straight back, and then lost the next 2 games - could have been different.

Vekic or Azarenka up next.
Same with Zhang, not sure why she was so low pre vs Scone.

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
my guess is sloane's history with asia and her poor performance in Osaka swayed some minds.
Yeah, true.

She was “due a win” i suppose and actually performed well in Asia last year albeit the YEC event.

It’s not like Shuai Zhang strikes fear into her opponents either, a capable player but very beatable in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts