Saturday, September 27, 2003
WTA Tennis From Helsinki, Finland.
AIRING: Second Semifinal match
104 Women's Sport Network

Sunday, September 28, 2003
WTA TennisFrom Helsinki, Finland.
AIRING: Final match
104 Women's Sport Network

:bounce: :woohoo: I can't wait to see young promising Vera Douchevina playing for the first time!!!! I will tape in case if my dear friend the cat wants. :kiss:

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,527 Posts
looking forward to seeing Jelena K. play again :D

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i disagree, vera d did look quite promising in her match against harkleroad. her first serve is very good, almost every time she got it in she got a free point. her groundies looked good but she couldn't string more than a couple of shots together in each rally. i did however only see the 2nd set so i may not be right about her serve in the whole match as i didn't see the first set so i don't know how her first serve went.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Her shots were good, but I expected more, her being so tall and all. Her shots were about the same power as Harkleroad, while it should be more. She doesn't have a slouch though, which most tall players have, that's good :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
sorry guys you're right. she wasn't impressive against harkleroad but imo she showed that she had talent which is different to being impressive.

·
Premium Member
182,437 Posts
that match vs Ashley: thats not how Vera normally hits the ball. She can really clobber it and is pretty smart in tactics too.

she didn't do herself justice at all, she can play miles better. That was her 1st slam match and she was ridden with nerves and playing on a big court didn't help either.
she'll come good, she's only 16 and has alot of time on her side.
you're not gonna see the best of Vera for another 2 yrs or so.
next yr is gonna be more progressing into top 100.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
I don't think harkleroad can touch Vera, when she's on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts