Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTFT: JPMorgan Chase Open

Welcome to sunny Los Angeles, home to the 2004 JPMorgan Chase Open!

The tour is finally back in business after a long break. Everyone is eager to get back to the tour with a good start, but who can actually live up to the talk?

Who will win this Tier II outdoor hardcourt tournament? World number one Justine Henin-Hardenne? Newcomer Silvia Farina Elia? Veteran Paola Suarez? Stick around to find out.

Tournament Information

This is where all the tournament info will be kept. Things like when to send in points, what players have entered, the draw, the surface, and more.

Singles Main Draw

http://tournawiz.com/8draw.php?id=63&uid=henenport

Doubles Draw

Julia Vaukelenko/Barbara Schett vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne/Nadia Petrova

Surface

Hardcourt Outdoors - Send poits for hard and also remember to send bonus ranking points (if applicable).

Schedule

Tuesday, July 20 - Singles Points Due; Singles First Round
Wednesday, July 21 - Doubles Points Due; Singles and Doubles Semifinals
Thursday, July 30 - Singles and Doubles Final

Note: Players entered into this tournament are players who posted in the "WTFT Restarting" thread. :)

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone send points!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Monica/Jennifer or Babsi/Jennifer?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
What no Babsi/Julia :sad: .. I never heard a rule where you have to sign up for singles to play doubles if Andrew will let us :)

Julia commited for everything but singles draw if full so Ill wait next week for singles

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
BTW,Andrew if I send points and someone in the draw doesnt can you add Julia to the draw in their place?

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can go in as a lucky loser if someone doesn't send in points.

You and Babsi are confirmed for doubles.

·
Registered
24,754 Posts
PointBlank said:
What no Babsi/Julia :sad: .. I never heard a rule where you have to sign up for singles to play doubles if Andrew will let us :)

Julia commited for everything but singles draw if full so Ill wait next week for singles
Aww, sorry Julia..of course we will play together:kiss: :kiss:

Jen, don't be sad, you are great but Julia and played permanent here..:wavey: :kiss:

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Jennifer will partner with Silvia then..

·
Registered
24,754 Posts
Preview before the tournament
World number one and top seed Justine Henin-Hardenne will face tough Italian Silvia Farina Elia in the first round.​
4# Jennifer Capriati will play Austrian Barbara Schett. You never know what to expect with Schett, she beat Henin-Hardenne two times in a row, but then lose 10 matches in a row - Schett happens.​
3# Nadja Petrova, doubles partner of Justine Henin-Hardenne opens against Canadien Maureen Drake.​
2# Paola Suarez will play veteran Monica Seles.​

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tuesday Results

(1) Justine Henin-Hardenne def. Silvia Farina Elia 0-6 7-5 6-1
(4) Jennifer Capriati def. Barbara Schett 6-3 7-6 (7)
(LL) Julia Vaukelenko def. Maureen Drake - Walkover
(2) Paola Suarez def. Monica Seles - Walkover

Congrats to all the winners. :D

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
Justine survives Italian veteran Silvia Farina Elia!

Justine Henin-Hardenne overcame months of rust to outlast Silvia Farina Elia of Italy 0-6, 7-5, 6-1. Justine is playing her first match in months and come out playing lethargically.

"Silvia came out blasting balls at me. It took me quite a while to get the rhythm back."

Justine almost lost it, trailing 0-6, 3-5 in the match. However, Justine tried to change the rhythm of the match by slicing and slowing down the pace of play. This move rattled Silvia as more unforced errors came. Justine eventually won the 2nd set 7-5. In the 3rd set, Justine had more confidence and played higher risk tennis. Silvia probably tired, could only watch winners zoom past her. With this close win, Justine remains on course for yet another title in her bag. Good luck Justine!

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the great article Justine. :)

·
Registered
27,256 Posts
Short Article from "L.A News"

Argentinian Tennisplayer Paola Suarez looked a little bit surprised as she heard about the withdrawn of Monica Seles . "I'm a little bit disappointed,because Monica was always my idol.I hope she will be soon healthy again.I know it's not nice to have a cold when it is summer :sad: Get well soon ,Monica :kiss:"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts