Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she lost to Baker in the qualies after winning the first set.....lol what the hell she doesnt play like in months, then comes back and loses....she should be training and why doesnt she play any challengers, she obviusly cant even beat a bagel girl cuz shes so inconsistant.....she needs to wake up and pick up her game cuz she lost points for this loss.....i heard she can fall out of top 300 soon :(

what do you guys think, i know everyone has given up on her but just to state.....she lost the weight......and anyone have any news on her?

· Registered
2,541 Posts
She hasn't lost the weight to me. She is not huge, not even obese but she is not in shape she still has a few extra pounds which doesn't constitute obese. She needs to play challengers, well actually satellites now. SHe has the opportunity for 25ks in the fall and that would be good for her. Practically she could launch her comeback from Florida. I think she is maybe a bit too proud to admit that she must go back down to that level cos last time she was there she didn't do that well. I just hope she gets a coach that can mesh with her because top 20 is still possible.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
I have lost all patientce with Lucic, at least Anna tries to play, but it just breaks my heart to not see Mikis name in any challengr draws. THATS where she needs to be, becase of her ranking, regardless of how good she is.

· Registered
8,954 Posts
i think the problem with lucic is that she won't work hard until she gets a good result. i guess she doesn't really have any motivation at the moment to climb her way back up the time. she can't be thinking logically. i've said this before but i hope she can comeback, i don't care how she gets back as long as she does. but it is sad to see what's happening at the moment.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
She beat Irvin, thats a great result, and she took Dechy to the brink! What more could a player ranked 200 in the world want?!!!

· Registered
8,954 Posts
yeah i understand that they are great results and it wouldmotivate most people but i guess for someone who ahs won title(s) before and has been to a slam semi-final beating one of the best players at that time (seles) and taking graf to 3 sets (she did didn't she?) it isn't enough to motivate them.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Yes she led Graff by a set and a break. I dont understand it at all.

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,691 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
I have lost all patientce with Lucic
I thought I had...but I still read this thread...I'm kind of in two minds at the moment, on the one hand I think there's no point keeping an interest when there's nothing to be interested in, on the other I'm curious to see what she'll do now she can't get in to GS qualifying...assuming she does anything, that is. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.