Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lindsay vs. Sharapova is the first semi, yet they say they will be showing "live" coverage of Amelie vs. Serena, and NBC tape-delayed coverage of Lindsay vs. Maria? What kind of scheduling is that.....

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Andrew, the folks running ESPN have obviously no clue what they're doing. Way to screw the real tennis fans! I have to go to work at 9:00 Eastern Time so I'm going to miss both matches.

:fiery: :armed:

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Well, I am sure NBC has a big part in this because they're so greedy, so dont just hate ESPN. They just have this constant tug of war which is unfair to the viewers

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
ESPN is showing the Serena-Momo match live (somewhere between 8am-12pm eastern time). NBC will be showing Lindsay-Maria on tape (12pm-5pm eastern time).

You'd think it would be the other way around :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Mrs. Guga said:
Well, I am sure NBC has a big part in this because they're so greedy, so dont just hate ESPN. They just have this constant tug of war which is unfair to the viewers
You're right. It's probably NBC's fault. :tape:

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
I think NBC has first choice on which match they want to show. They probably think Maria/Linsday will be a closer match and they probably think that if they show Maria, they will increase their ratings, because men love to channel surf and when they see Maria, they won't be able to turn the station!

·
Banned
2,960 Posts
BTW, it's REALLY stupid that ESPN is showing the second match live, because fans will be able to figure out how long the Maria/Linsday match was, based on what time Serena and Amelie come on court! Yesterday, I thought it was safe to watch the Amelie match and I saw Tim Henman coming on Centre Court and I was like, "what the heck? The Serena/Jen match is over that fast?!" I wound up looking up the result, because I knew it was a blowout.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
This is soo stupid. I guess they were planning to show us old Serena vs. Jenn 2004 Quarters, instead of showing live semifinal between Lindsay and Maria. NBC sucks!!! All they do is show old tennis, no live, just tape delayed. I love CBS and USA network GO US OPEN!!!! Why is NBC starting coverage sooo early??? I'm still pissed at them because in the 2001 French Open final between Kim and Jennifer, was tape delayed :rolleyes:

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,950 Posts
JennyS said:
BTW, it's REALLY stupid that ESPN is showing the second match live, because fans will be able to figure out how long the Maria/Linsday match was, based on what time Serena and Amelie come on court! .
Not with the stupid English weather.. :lol: It could end up in a blowout three hours long.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,950 Posts
selesfan said:
Damn! I taped NBC's coverage, so I won't get to see Serena v. Amelie.:mad:
Don't worry. If rain delay ends quickly, this match could be over in 15 minutes, and then you will catch at least part of Surina-Amelie.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
ys said:
Don't worry. If rain delay ends quickly, this match could be over in 15 minutes, and then you will catch at least part of Surina-Amelie.
I'm not so sure about that, Maria is a real fighter and the rain delay will probably help her refocus.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think NBC just doesn't want to have to wait during a rain delay. Since Davenport and Sharapova are first up, their match has a better chance of being completed before NBC even comes on the air.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,950 Posts
And now stupid ESPN ends up wasting 4 hours for same taped crap and showing no live tnnis at all. Bad gamble, morons..

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
ys said:
And now stupid ESPN ends up wasting 4 hours for same taped crap and showing no live tnnis at all. Bad gamble, morons..
i really dont think its ESPNs fault. im sure theyd be showing it live now if they could.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,950 Posts
decemberlove said:
i really dont think its ESPNs fault. im sure theyd be showing it live now if they could.
Are you serious? Isn't they saying the word "exclusive coverage" every minute? I think that they simply gambled to sell out the piece of their coverage to NBC to make some money. If they were planning to do it originally, why the hell did they schedule to start their coverage at 8am today? It was a last minute sellout, I am sure. They hoped to keep everyone glued waiting for Serena-Mauresmo match.

·
Banned
7,119 Posts
can someone tell me what time NBC airs wimbledon in california? right now it's 8.10 am in stanford...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts