1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Raducanu in straight sets

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Giorgi was able to keep it tight against Kudermetova, and Samsonova is gonna SMASH Raducanu today. Therefore, the obvious result for this is Giorgi in 2. Once the Samsonova-Raducanu match is over, you have the confirmation on paper.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Giorgi was able to keep it tight against Samsonova, and Samsonova is gonna SMASH Raducanu today. Therefore, the obvious result for this is Giorgi in 2. Once the Samsonova-Raducanu match is over, you have the confirmation on paper.
"Schleprock" has spoken.....bet the farm on Emma. folks. :p

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
If Giorgi had to play a seed then Raducanu was obviously one of my favorite choices :lol2:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
  • Love
Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
LAF work ethics
813 Posts
Giorgi was able to keep it tight against Samsonova, and Samsonova is gonna SMASH Raducanu today. Therefore, the obvious result for this is Giorgi in 2. Once the Samsonova-Raducanu match is over, you have the confirmation on paper.
Darn you are not afraid, i'll give you that! The other end of the spectrum =

I'll wait for the Samso match before making a decision.
That is prudent of course, too easy!

My take even if it's way too jinxy/early, whatever this week-end result = Toronto is SUPER fast, a healthy ( BIG IF ) Raducanu might have the advantage. Giorgi might win though, but not the tourney this year.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

My take even if it's way too jinxy/early, whatever this week-end result = Toronto is SUPER fast, a healthy ( BIG IF ) Raducanu might have the advantage. Giorgi might win though, but not the tourney this year.
It's a mistake thinking that a super fast court would be a disadvantage for Giorgi, who is one of the BIGGEST ball bashers on the entire tour. She might be choking too much to win a Grand Slam like US Open, but I doubt fast surface will be an advantage for the pusher against the biggest hitter in this match-up.

·
Rise up from ignorance
25,847 Posts
It's a mistake thinking that a super fast court would be a disadvantage for Giorgi, who is one of the BIGGEST ball bashers on the entire tour. She might be choking too much to win a Grand Slam like US Open, but I doubt fast surface will be an advantage for the pusher against the biggest hitter in this match-up.
Yeah, do these people don't watch tennis? Giorgi thrives on fast courts and as usual, everything will be on her racquet any which way.

·
Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
1,907 Posts

The last time Rada played a slugger was Andreescu early May, I did say Garcia was going to be problematic for her at Wimby before the tournament started because she was a servebot/basher and apparently that's the wrong description for CG. Her new counter punching game is not proven against bashers yet, so if she beats Samsonova I take Rada to beat Giorgi - Camilla hits really hard, just often uncontrollably, but if Rada can't handle pace then Camilla can hit with more margin if her brain allows her to.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Yeah, do these people don't watch tennis? Giorgi thrives on fast courts and as usual, everything will be on her racquet any which way.
Monz.....try to a tiny bit objective at least.....we all know you despise Emma :yawn::yawn:. Giorgi looked good against Kudermetova....100%, and she could very well get by Raducanu. Emma has looked pretty good as well, so I make it 55-45 Giorgi, but I would be suprised at all if Giorgi implodes.....as she has been known to do, no? This match will hardly "be on Giorgi's racquet".....To quote you...."do these people (you) don't watch tennis?".....C'mon, man....get real, Camila Giorgi has the mental fortitude of an overripe banana.:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: cricketbat

·
Registered
13,309 Posts
Camila has been in no sort of form, but we know the match will be on her racquet.
If she hits them well, they go in, if not they hit the fence.
As defending champion she will be keen to do well, so that might swing it in her favour.

·
Registered
36,877 Posts
Emma has this. She will out-steady her opponent who will crumble under the pressure of being the defending champ and make even more characteristic UEs.

• Haha
Reactions: Spirited Away
1 - 20 of 77 Posts