Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If she does win, it is almost going to be perfect for the media. A cinderella story comes true at the most well known slam. The underdog beats the invincible grass queen Serena. Just like the media attention Martina Hingis attracted when she won her Wimbledon crown. And I do believe if she wins, then her Wimbledon run will kick off an era of popularity like the one we got during, Martina Hingis prime era. Do you think so too?

·
Registered
27,900 Posts
No

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Why didn't the WTA find it's popularity at a high when Myskina won the French over Dementieva? Weren't they first time grand slam finalists, friends, etc as I'm sure the list goes on? What is drasitically different about this final?

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Machu Picchu said:
Why didn't the WTA find it's popularity at a high when Myskina won the French over Dementieva? Weren't they first time grand slam finalists, friends, etc as I'm sure the list goes on? What is drasitically different about this final?
Wimbledon is a lot more well known than Roland Garros for one. Many of my friends dont even know what Roland Garros means. Wimbledon does have its tradition behind it. Martina only became super famous after she won Wimbledon, not the Australian Open. And that's why Venus and Serena have enjoyed their popularity, instead of Jennifer Capriati who many casual watchers probably dont know she has won slams before.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Green_Rules said:
Wimbledon is a lot more well known than Roland Garros for one. Many of my friends dont even know what Roland Garros means. Wimbledon does have its tradition behind it. Martina only became super famous after she won Wimbledon, not the Australian Open. And that's why Venus and Serena have enjoyed their popularity, instead of Jennifer Capriati who many casual watchers probably dont know she has won slams before.
Martina was actually quite famous before winning, well, much of anything really.... but, whatever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts