Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
*Sesil*
20,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This likely doesn't deserve a thread but little things like this annoy me so here you go.

For the most part when the WTA doesn't have one of the standard official shots (which props to them for this approach) they put a regular old style photos inside a bubble on the site, but for some reason the only player they opted not to do this with is Tig and to be honest they've done her so dirty with this. Surely they could've put her pic in a bubble like Kovinic. I scrolled for some time and she's the only player I can see where they've done this, and its not like she's obscure down in the 200s, she's a top 100 player.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I’m not a fan of the heavily airbrushed profile pics but yes, poor Tig gets a not terribly flattering one!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
They ought to crop out a snap of her when she was arguing with the umpire in Thailand. It's clearrrrrrly out.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
They probably had to move through a few pages on Google to get a photo that (relatively) good to be honest.

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Guilty as charged Tig. Convict.

·
Art & Futures
21,254 Posts
They used to be worse so just be grateful for now. 🥴

Reactions: jimbo mack

·
Registered
256 Posts
Poor Tig 😔

On a similar note, a few days ago I was remembering the terrible mugshots of the 2012 olympics. I hope they do something similar in Tokyo 🤭

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Just noticed the feature of the players pronouncing their name, that's pretty cool.

·
*Sesil*
20,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Poor Tig 😔

On a similar note, a few days ago I was remembering the terrible mugshots of the 2012 olympics. I hope they do something similar in Tokyo 🤭
These were truly atrocious if I recall, but also didn’t one player get to use her glamour shot. Like if I remember correctly most had prison mugshots but the odd player had a glamour airbrushed number

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
That is...unfortunate. They take most of the pictures at Indian Wells every year. I guess Tig was not playing that year. They were still using a random press photo of Venus from like 7 years earlier up until 2018. It's still a little bit funny just because Tig has such a, let's say 'strong' personality. This is adding to her mystique.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
It's ridiculous how both the WTA and ATP either use old photos or don't have any at all. When this discussion was raised last year I suggested that the tours simply ask the players to provide a standard head and shoulders shot (semi-passport/ID photo) for use on the websites. How much simpler could you get? Just about every player takes selfies and, for those that don't, they could easily get someone else to take a good photo of them instead.

Case in point from a New Zealand perspective - the photo the ATP uses for Marcus Daniell is something like seven or eight years old, from back in the days when he had long straggly hair.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
WTA must still be mad at her for beating Bouchard to the Istanbul title last year

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Poor WTA cant even afford to pay photographer for one style shot of players.

Reactions: Sorana

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Osaka also hates hers - I guess that's what they chose...[of the thousands they have of me]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts