Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ranking situation has sorted itself out in a general way. The injury situation has helped with this I admit.

PNTS RK NAME

First we have our elite level players. You can give me grief about Hingis if you want, but she won Sydney and made the OZ final. That's the second best start of the year.

4825 01 J.CAPRIATI...
4423 02 V.WILLIAMS...
4054 03 M.HINGIS.....

Then conveniently, we have some injuries.

3862 04 L.DAVENPORT..INJ
3698 05 K.CLIJSTERS..INJ

This results in a clear demarcation between the elite players and the next level. In terms of the odds of them winning a GS title this year, there's not a lot to choose between Dokic, Seles, Henin and Mauresmo. And Lindsay, Kim and Serena will fallinto this group when they return.

2974 06 J.DOKIC......
2913 07 M.SELES......

The Seles-Dokic match in Paris was for ranking position. I didn't really think Jelena had the substance to beat Monica.

2875 08 S.WILLIAMS...INJ

2845 09 J.HENIN......
2544 10 A.MAURESMO...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
LOL......she just wanted to be sure everybody could read the numbers in the middle of all the text!!!!!! Right Volcana?? Or maybe she wanted so badly to reach this 713th posts that.....:bounce:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
SerenasMelons said:
How many points will Martina lose from Doha and Dubai?
a lot ....... 498 (283 for Dubai and 215 for Doha!). But she will get them back at Scottsdale (if Clijsters and Serena don't play!) and IW (with only 5 top10 players this year )!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah, as of 02-18, she'll be #4, and Davenport #3 again! As of 02-25, she 'll be #5 behind Clijsters #4, who will reach her highest ranking at that time! Isn't that weird, to not play and just reach your highest ranking ever??!! That's how WTA works!!!

But after Scottsdale, Hingis should move up again and Davenport will get the #5 ranking! I guess Clijsters will stay at #4 spot (or better) after Scottsdale! That should give her some boost for the clay season!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Did Venus already lose her points from Nice last year?

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
"Isn't that weird, to not play and just reach your highest ranking ever??!! That's how WTA works!!! "

Its how the ATP works too ;) Ferrero gained his highest ranking of 3, because Kafelnikov lost early at Oz - and Ferrero lost early the year before so it didn't matter that he didn't show up!

teehee- silly ranking systems ;)

Kim earned that high of a spot anyhow - even if she does appear to get it by default :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts