Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
She was playing at 20% max. Not sure if its because her head is somewhere else (NY) or shes just slightly injured...

Reactions: Gabriel_Hrnandz

·
Registered
111 Posts
She apparently had a shoulder injury ( she even had a MTO after she won the second set ), that's why her serve was so bad, tho Krejcikova still couldn't pull it off.
Let's see if Simona plays tomorrow.

Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Krejcikova won about 12 exhibition matches during the great Czech series, so she was match tough.
10 DFs and 26 UFEs is very unSimona.
Two very bad match wins for Halep, hopefully she gets her game together. But, they were wins.
The injury is disconcerting. Will it knock her out of the Prague event and possibly the USO?
-
At the present....Simona is playing like the cartoon on her shirt.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
It doesn't look like Simo even practiced. Tennis requires repetition and for many of these players, the break probably really set them back after years of nonstop touring.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I'm digging hard to remember when was the last time Simo played so bad... Maybe at that US Open SF vs Flavia.
That match from her was terrible for sure, but the ones I drink to forget are her shameful performances against Vondrousova. Those were Simona at her absolute worst.

At the moment I'm happy that she's playing and winning matches. She's bound to find some form eventually. No point in complaining about her winning ugly right now, given the circumstances

·
Registered
738 Posts
That match from her was terrible for sure, but the ones I drink to forget are her shameful performances against Vondrousova. Those were Simona at her absolute worst.

At the moment I'm happy that she's playing and winning matches. She's bound to find some form eventually. No point in complaining about her winning ugly right now, given the circumstances
True ! I still can’t believe how bad she played against vondrousova. It really shouldn’t have been that tough and yet .... Also that match against Madison in Cincinnati and her matches in Beijing for the past two years( even that one against Peterson that she won ) are contenders for worst matches .

·
Registered
220 Posts
True ! I still can’t believe how bad she played against vondrousova. It really shouldn’t have been that tough and yet .... Also that match against Madison in Cincinnati and her matches in Beijing for the past two years( even that one against Peterson that she won ) are contenders for worst matches .
Barbora maybe hit the wall when Halep start to Fightback.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts