Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Wow!!!

I can't believe Pam supported Trump!!! Especially since she's worked so close to Mary Joe in the past... Never knew she was related to the Maria Shriver and the Kennedy's so that's even more surprising.

Capriati has always had a low IQ. You can tell by the way she acted on and off the court. Not surprised by it at all. Repulsive.

Keep the tea coming, please.
I think Jennifer's issue with Obamacare was in part driven by the grief for her father's passing and seemed to blame Obamacare for it even though with her wealth she could have brought the best medical care available although sadly it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think Jennifer's issue with Obamacare was in part driven by the grief for her father's passing and seemed to blame Obamacare for it even though with her wealth she could have brought the best medical available although sadly it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome.
Well then, she's a misinformed idiot who more than likely mismanaged her wealth and that's in addition to coming from a wealthy family. I doubt her Dad was on Obamacare and died because they didn't cover his treatments.

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,726 Posts
Too much drama on this forum for everything everytime.

So, if I find out one of my faves supports Trump for example, should I give up on her?
Hate to disappoint you but this place is pretty much dead. Dont know what drama you see

There was a player I unfollowed because she thought its a good idea to fill her social media with putin. Also gave a history lesson that Crimea is Russian territory. Fk that im not going to have sports people give me a history lesson that is all wrong. Dont show all your fans how ignorant you are getting all your info from state tv. Thats like Johanna Larsson tweeting that Greenland belongs to Sweden

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I think that learning about and commenting on players' political views is fine. After all, many of us are interested in them beyond their tennis on the court.

Those that extend this to say that "I'll stop supporting any Trump supporters" should consider the chilling effects this attitude has, not only on the Trump supporters who they disagree with but on those from the other side they agree with (because there would be their mirror images in Trump's camp, who will stop supporting those players). It's not a coincidence that most of those who tweeted about Trump were retired and thus not as interested in supporters and sponsors, and comments from active players were relatively mild. Do we really want to punish people for expressing their views, even stupid views? This only leads to players refusing to venture any comment about anything controversial.

Remember that freedom of speech is (or at least used to be) America's defining value and gift to the world.

·
Art & Futures
20,378 Posts
People support players for all sorts of reasons. Political reasons can definitely influence one's impressions, especially as it relates to particular aspects of someone's personality and background.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So players can openly support fascist politicians and none of your business

There was a player who retweeted that Obama voters should all catch Aids. None of your business
Who retweeted that?!?!?!

And please stop being coy people. Just tell us who these players are!

I heard rumors about Gimelstob also being a Trump supporter. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
In general - most active players keep out of politics and won't want to volunteer a view on Trump or any politician.

However, most top players will be more inclined to the right wing philosophy of low taxes. In general players like to chose the charities they give their money to and to see directly the good effect it has rather than pay taxes where the government decides how to spend their money and no-one really sees how the money is spent.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Remember that freedom of speech is (or at least used to be) America's defining value and gift to the world.
:eek:

I can't believe Pam supported Trump!!!
Shriver has always been openly republican and very right wing, even when she was playing professionally. I was always puzzled why she felt she could criticise others on tour, and after she finished playing, when they came from such diverse backgrounds. Also she had/has a sister with learning difficulties but never seemed to advocate for better treatment or rights for them in the 80s. :Shrug:

Like a lot of sports and privileged people, players live in their very tiny bubble that never gets burst.

·
Registered
31,289 Posts
I think that learning about and commenting on players' political views is fine. After all, many of us are interested in them beyond their tennis on the court.

Those that extend this to say that "I'll stop supporting any Trump supporters" should consider the chilling effects this attitude has, not only on the Trump supporters who they disagree with but on those from the other side they agree with (because there would be their mirror images in Trump's camp, who will stop supporting those players). It's not a coincidence that most of those who tweeted about Trump were retired and thus not as interested in supporters and sponsors, and comments from active players were relatively mild. Do we really want to punish people for expressing their views, even stupid views? This only leads to players refusing to venture any comment about anything controversial.

:haha:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
:eek:

Shriver has always been openly republican and very right wing, even when she was playing professionally. I was always puzzled why she felt she could criticise others on tour, and after she finished playing, when they came from such diverse backgrounds. Also she had/has a sister with learning difficulties but never seemed to advocate for better treatment or rights for them in the 80s. :Shrug:

Like a lot of sports and privileged people, players live in their very tiny bubble that never gets burst.
What a complete hypocrite then...

I've always like Pam from all her years of commentating on ESPN. She hasn't sounded like a Republican at all during all these years. Very dissapointing...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I heard Daniele Collins was also a Trump supporter
Go Daniele Go

Being politically right or left these days imo does hardly make a difference.
You`re only playing a slightly different part of the same game. The simple trick is to not let the people recognize that and keep them busy in their illusion.
Yeah only if I have to pick a side within provided packs though I'd know they are mostly staged shams.
Specially when living in another actual Murica's colony a heavy stupid leftist game's on the air big time ironically by her lord's command.
Nothing you can do about it but you may want some psychological relief that your last little domestic values are protected just a little longer though again the final outcome could be similar.

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,726 Posts
Just do a search

https://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/801969-players-making-political-statements.html
https://www.tennisforum.com/12-general-messages/470869-facebook-twitter-reactions-wta-players-us-election-day.html

All the so-called Christians vote for the most corrupt party of hate.

So funny

Oudin retweeted this.**

Cali_Betchh
(O)ne(B)ig(A)ss(M)istake(A)merica

That came back to bite her
We established a few weeks ago that Maria saying she thought players who lose in the 1st round of a Grand Slam don't deserve a pay rise, must mean she's a diehard Republican

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 56 Posts