Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Pointless thread as players that support Clinton or Obama ain't any better in my opinion. No need to bash any player for their support of Trump when most people drool over celebrities who were directly involved in Clinton's campaign.

·
Registered
31,139 Posts
Hasn't he polluted enough already without giving him a whole other thread? Most players don't go there, so why should we?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Trump rules. WTA should make an inquiry and consider distributing bonus ranking points to his supporters.
Actually anything that's not called liberal/left makes more sense these days.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
After Trump's election victory CoCo posted this:

which is conciliatory, but from the responses one can see she was supporting Trump. She also was also critical of Nicole Gibbs (who was openly anti-Trump) in another tweet.

Two other (former) WTA players who supported Trump are Pam Shriver and Jennifer Capriati:

Irina Falconi probably has similar views to CoCo as she chose to call for reconciliation after the election:

There was some outright opposition:

and Jamie Hampton wrote "I have always been proud of my country and to be American, until now."

Some foreigners also joined in the criticism:

while others expressed surprise, but in a way that showed they weren't happy with his election:

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,726 Posts
Pam Shriver is a cousin of Maria Shriver and the Kennedy family.

Pegula's family must be Trump voters although they competed with to buy the bills

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
As tennis players are mostly wealthy then I would expect them to support political party's like the Republicans.

People say Coco is pro-Trump because of the tweet mentioned at the top of page two but it is an American thing to support the office of the President.

Jennifer was more anti-Obama and Obamacare than anything and from my reading of her tweets, she is more of a Marco Rubio fan.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow!!!

I can't believe Pam supported Trump!!! Especially since she's worked so close to Mary Joe in the past... Never knew she was related to the Maria Shriver and the Kennedy's so that's even more surprising.

Capriati has always had a low IQ. You can tell by the way she acted on and off the court. Not surprised by it at all. Repulsive.

Keep the tea coming, please.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Tends to be another one of these useless threads to feed the underware department of the brains.

Trump rules. WTA should make an inquiry and consider distributing bonus ranking points to his supporters.
Actually anything that's not called liberal/left makes more sense these days.
I disagree, it`s more idiotism and factitiousness that rules while all the Trumps, Merkels and Putins of the world are only the consequences/symptoms of that.
Being politically right or left these days imo does hardly make a difference.
You`re only playing a slightly different part of the same game. The simple trick is to not let the people recognize that and keep them busy in their illusion.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts