Tennis Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ukraine (Elina) and Poland (Magda) played in Estonia - 5 hours difference. Speaking under correction, but I don't think any of the players who played in the US went to Thailand so it doesn't matter what the time difference is.
Magda played in Luxembourg( 6 hours difference). between Washington and St.Petersburg 8 hours difference. There is no excuse once again

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Magda played in Luxembourg( 6 hours difference). between Washington and St.Petersburg 8 hours difference. There is no excuse once again
It's held in Washington state not DC, so the time difference is 11 hours.

Also, please note that there is time difference between Europe and USA so Ostapenko played her last Fed Cup matches hours after both Linette/Svitolina did (~11 hours gap in singles and if we count the doubles tie it's like 16-17 hours since those two started their match), which means she had less time to recover.

Anyways, like others said, she should have withdrawn like Sevastova did.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Is Marion Bartoli still in her team?
I watched highlights and didn't see her present (just Ostapenko's mom).

·
Registered
563 Posts
Too much travel and time zones in a short period of time to be able to perform. And also please do not forget she is still dealing with the lost of her father. She may not show it but as a daughter it is something you never recover quickly from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts