No Simona?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Halep disappeared from the entry list? 🤣

·
Registered
31,162 Posts
Decent depth but weaker than expected in terms of big names (besides Simona). And why is she using a wildcard instead of entering normally? It sounds like they're still trying to lure another top ten player but this doesn't exactly look like the thunderous return to tennis that the WTA had been trying to hype.

Thanks so much for posting the list @spiceboy!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Decent depth but weaker than expected in terms of big names (besides Simona). And why is she using a wildcard instead of entering normally? It sounds like they're still trying to lure another top ten player but this doesn't exactly look like the thunderous return to tennis that the WTA had been trying to hype.

Thanks so much for posting the list @spiceboy!
Pretty much. I was expecting a Brisbane or Stuttgart-type field but including Halep, that's only 5 Top 20 players.

So where is everyone else playing?

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
85,759 Posts
Pretty much. I was expecting a Brisbane or Stuttgart-type field but including Halep, that's only 5 Top 20 players.

Think they will go to USA early...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
So Aryna's not playing, despite the other thread suggesting she was playing here and in Prague.

·
it's just me against the music.
27,249 Posts
This is disappointing given the build up but this is still a great field. I guess all eyes will be on Lexington's entry list now since all the top players are going to the US it seems. Will people enter Lexington as another warmup or only play Cincy[NY]/USO?

·
Registered
85,759 Posts
So Aryna's not playing, despite the other thread suggesting she was playing here and in Prague.
You don´t read that thread? She is out of both events and play Lexington

·
Registered
30,354 Posts

I guess the top players who actually plan to go to the US don't want to play one clay tournament before the trip.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts

All things considered, I never thought that we would be getting that deep a field for these MMs. I imagine most top players probably want to feel out how the tournaments go before really committing. And with the HC swing in the US coming up, there must be a push and pull for players trying to determine which basked they want to put their eggs in. It sounds like Aryna is looking at this as an opportunity to snatch a slam, for instance. It looks like Kim is in the US now, too. USO #4?????

Plus, I'm really curious to know if the travel restrictions won't apply to athletes as if playing tennis can be considered an "essential" job.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts