Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
77,119 Posts
The QD should be coming out today at some point. So the girls have to be on site today to get into qualifying. MD ceremony is on Saturday it seems like from the website so I would assume the MD girls have to be on site tomorrow
Qualifying players can sign-in over the phone, if they are not on site. MD players don't have to sign-in or be present at the time of draw ceremony.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Tomlanovic, Buzarnescu, Kenin, Vickery, Broady, Wickmayer you'd all expect to see for sure since they are in Midland the following week... maybe Bouchard if she is not playing Taiwan.

·
Registered
43,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The MD cutoff might be suprisingly weak since quite a few players are stranded in Australia...
Stranded meaning already out of the tournament but can't catch a flight back home?

Because I think there are only two players still in the Australian Open that are in the MD portion of the list: Brady and Brengle.

I also know Asia Muhammad is staying in Australia and playing ITFs there the next couple of weeks. She seems to have an Australian boyfriend that she spends time with.

Pegula, Eikeri, Grabher, Di Lorenzo are all still in Orlando $25k and are playing today.

Qualifying players can sign-in over the phone, if they are not on site. MD players don't have to sign-in or be present at the time of draw ceremony.
You always know everything :lol: :yeah:

Do players have to withdraw if they are still in an event that is playing tomorrow, too? Like the players that I mentioned above that are in singles or doubles of Orlando?

·
77,119 Posts
QD

(1)Dolehide v Kratzer
Bektas v (9)Kostova

(2)Bouzkova v Kinard
Ferrando v (12)Arconada

(3)Zhuk v Rodriguez
(wc)Santamaria v (7)Stollar

(4)Anisimova v H. Chang
Muchova v (8)Lao

(5)Seguel v Guarachi
(wc)Branstine v (10)Hesse

(6)Chirico v Olmos
Jaksic v (11)Hibi

·
Registered
53,814 Posts
Final MD list

McHale
Riske
Schiavone
Townsend
Duque Mariño
Kenin
Gibbs
Rodina
Wickmayer
Tomljanovic
Doi
Vickery
Falconi
Boserup
Schmiedlova
(SR)Peterson
Teichmann
Jang
Voegele
Zhao
Loeb
Day

Additional WC to be confirmed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe Liu with the final WC? Was expecting Kratzer to get one since it’s literally her hometown, but Liu makes sense too (SoCal).

·
Registered
15,168 Posts

·
77,119 Posts
Doubles Draw

(1)Duque-Marino/Irigoyen v Kostova/Seguel
Boserup/Hrdinova v Loeb/Peterson
(3)Day/Dolehide v Bektas/Guarachi
Bonic/Muchova v Christian/Santamaria

Stollar/Zhao v Gibbs/McHale