Tennis Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
Would be amazing - SU-Wei is strong enough to carry Kim while she plays her way back into form!
Hsieh said she withdrew from both events in NY, so no traveling there.

·
Registered
54,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Reactions: *Jool*

·
Registered
64 Posts
So the Chan sisters aren’t playing this event ? Also a big test for Aoyama and Shibahara as the field is weaker than expected, they could show off their good form, we’ll see!

·
Registered
54,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
What's the latest update on withdrawals? Obviously I'm looking for Erin Routliffe and Astra Sharma to get in. What are their chances?
They need 5 teams to withdraw or those 5 on-site to be all doubles players and singles players not bothering which is highly unlikely as everyone is hungry for match practice. So chances are really slim for them.

Reactions: AwonderfulKiwi

·
Registered
54,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So the Chan sisters aren’t playing this event ?
I don't think they will even play the USO. BTW the USO list should be out shortly as it closed 20 minutes ago.

Reactions: Sorana and ricard89

·
Registered
718 Posts
Did Olaru signed-up on site here? I saw she's playing USO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If Clijsters withdraws from the US Open, is there another WC? Or does her spot go to the highest ranked doubles payer in the bubble? What about her Doubles WC? Hoping this doesn't happen just wondering how this will play out....

·
Registered
54,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Kato/Doi were first ALTs here in nobody withdrew. They are first ALTs at USO too. That would suck if they can't play being so close in both events. What it seems is that once you are in the bubble you are going to play unless you are almost dying (or infected).

·
Registered
54,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If Clijsters withdraws from the US Open, is there another WC? Or does her spot go to the highest ranked doubles payer in the bubble? What about her Doubles WC? Hoping this doesn't happen just wondering how this will play out....
They usually go and find another WC but it is up to them.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
2020 New York Doubles Teams

21 - 38 of 38 Posts