Tennis Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Olga and Danka faces each other in singles but doubles partner in doubles.
Seems like almost all the players in the singles draw play in doubles with probz most of the player they haven't even played with before

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Qualifiers

- Tereza Martincova , RANK 211 , CZE
- Hiroko Kuwata, RANK 272, JPN
- Pranjala Yadlapalli, RANK 280, IND
- Urszula Radwanska, RANK 357, POL

Yassh at Ula qualifying and Pranjala being the lone Indian qualifier :) Go far you two

·
Registered
53,797 Posts
Main Draw updated

(1)Zheng v (wc)Thandi
Schoofs v Fett
Stefkova v (Q)Martincova
(Q)Yadlapalli v (5)Kumkhum

(4)Danilovic v Kovinic
Raina v (wc)Bhosale
(LL)Shapatava v Gorgodze
Mrdeza v (6)Gasparyan

(7)Zhu v (Q)Radwanska
Khromacheva v (Q)Kuwata
(wc)Ng v Grammatikopoulou
Khazaniuk v (3)Vickery

(8)Hibino v (wc)Lisicki
Jorovic v Lu Jia-Jing
Sharipova v Doi
Kudermetova v (2)Jakupovic

*Glushko withdrew with a knee injury

·
Premium Member
66,164 Posts
Who would’ve thought Gorgodze and Shapatava’s first meeting would be in a WTA MD when they’ve the same ITFs for a decade. :rolls:

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Doubles Draw

(1)Jakuovic/Khromacheva v Shapatava/Webley-Smith
Bhosale v Kuwata v Mrdeza/Raina
(3)Dzalamidze/Kudermetova v (wc)Jain/Yadav
Doi/Martincova v Grammatikopoulou/Lu

Kumkhum/Thombare v Hsieh Shu-Ying/Kostic
Gorgodze/Khanzaniuk v (4)Schoofs/Stefkova
Ng/Zheng v Danilovic/Kovinic
Palkina/Sizikova v (2)Hibino/Kalashnikova
Any OOP listed for Monday yet? The WTA site--no surprise--still shows the already-finished OOP from this morning's matches

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
In the end they decided to have no matches tomorrow at all. India - West Indies cricket match will be played there.
Thank you:hatoff:. I've heard that cricket is India's biggest sport, so this news doesn't surprise me.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Imagine Limoges ITF having a day off for a football match or Tyler ITF having a day off for a NFL/NBA match. Ridiculous, no matter how popular cricket is on India.
Totally agree - this sort of behaviour belongs in the days of Mrs Lambert Chambers and long dresses. This is the 21st century not the pre-First World War tennis!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Imagine Limoges ITF having a day off for a football match or Tyler ITF having a day off for a NFL/NBA match. Ridiculous, no matter how popular cricket is on India.
I was frustrated when i first read about the day-off but i think the organisers made the right decision. I understand it wasn't fair but the players safety was their priority.

One of my friends is attending the tennis tournament and she told me that the tennis courts there are near the cricket stadium and the players lounge is right next to one of the entry gates for the Stadium, meaning all those people with tickets for the cricket match will have to pass by the players lounge to enter the stadium. They could get quite rowdy and it was not safe for the girls(players).

Also the entry for tennis is free => u can only imagine the situation :scared:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Looks like Štefková might get back to top 300 by getting through the first round in Mumbai. Still more 100 rank spot below her ending protected ranking, but nice to see her coming back where she belongs.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Watching EWS play doubles was an eyesore. She really must love tennis A LOT to keep going - she looked out of sorts, her serve is club level and she looked perplexed at sight of any groundstroke coming her way. Also, she can't read the game at all.

·
Registered
53,797 Posts
Well, at least there is a reason. After all Wimbledon has a day off right in the middle of the tournament just because an agreement with the local residents.

And when it's not a tournament day off is the player who retires for the most random reason :spit:

Israel Tennis Star Stops Game Before Yom Kippur

41 - 57 of 57 Posts