Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TF haters in ruins.
Sara is an all court player with a good future and an ugly grunt.
She will be the second best Spanish player by the end of Usopen. Mark my works.

·
Registered
703 Posts
TF haters in ruins.
Sara is an all court player with a good future and an ugly grunt.
She will be the second best Spanish player by the end of Usopen. Mark my works.
Only if you discount Muguruza as Spanish. Otherwise, SST will not be second best Spanish player until both Muguruza & CSN retire. She might be ranked above Carla at some point but rankings doesn't mean one is better player than other. You actually have to win something, no?

At this point, SST can only win grunt and super annoying game contests.

Don't sleep on that Moldovan player representing Spain too. She be better than Sarita soon :SNE:

·
Registered
932 Posts
what is wrong with Larsson?? She's useless :eek: lost to Sorribes on grass:lol: swedish tennis is at the moment disaster.. Arvidsson should be back :(

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
How the hell did she do that to J. La? Must have been junk balling and trucker grunting her way through.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Shocked that Sara wins on grass, shocked that Sara wins on hardcourt, shocked that Sara beats player X, shocked that Sara beats player Y...
If you have played a lot of tennis and know what it is like to have a ball loaded with topspin coming at you, you would not be so shocked.
An all court player who is consistent, applies heavy topspin to the ball, hits excellent slice, has above average endurance and defensive instincts - will win a lot of matches on a lot of surfaces and that is a fact.

Sara is a very good player with an under-par serve, and I agree: an unpleasant grunt. I do love her though, she is my favourite Spanish player since Dominguez Lino. A pleasure to watch all the work she puts on the ball, there is something beautifully Spanish about the heavy spins and grinding from the baseline. Also, I am happy that Sara is not a player that hangs out for the clay season, rather, she successfully adapts to hardcourt, and even enjoys grass, she has an array of shots to work with and there is just no easy way to tackle her gamestyle.

·
Premium Member
37,250 Posts
J-La's season … :help:

She might be ranked above Carla at some point but rankings doesn't mean one is better player than other.
well, yes, that's actually the only parameter we can go by. unless you want to get sucked into endless and pointless "who's more talented" TF discussions.

·
Registered
703 Posts
J-La's season … :help:

well, yes, that's actually the only parameter we can go by. unless you want to get sucked into endless and pointless "who's more talented" TF discussions.
The whole rankings argument is totally lame. Like Wozniacki has never been the best player in the world, yet spent billion weeks at No.1 Lots of players are over-ranked without ever winning any big titles. Crap MMs don't really count. And to date, SST has won absolutely nothing. Not even many fans, I reckon.

There are several cases when a player gets into top 10 without winning a tournament above MM, not even the smallest premier. Just be consistent in picking up points with 2-3 wins on regular basis and you'll get there. So high rank doesn't bye it for me in terms of one being better than other. You have to show me your trophies, or at the very least finals' appearances at the highest level.

Not that Carla is a world beater and 2-8 record in finals sucks but she is multi Slam QFist and managed to snatch P5 title in Doha vs inexperienced baby Ostapenko at the time.

·
Registered
17,696 Posts
what is wrong with Larsson?? She's useless :eek: lost to Sorribes on grass:lol: swedish tennis is at the moment disaster.. Arvidsson should be back :(
Larsson ist probably one of the worst players on grass. She has a total of 8 wins on this surface.
Sorribes Tormo is actually quite decent. She has more wins in 2018/2019 than Larsson in her whole career.

·
Registered
38,323 Posts
Does anyone know what happened to miffedmax? He hasn't posted/logged in in almost a year. :unsure:

·
Registered
21,858 Posts
He said he was going to take a break from the forum back when the site was riddled with speed issues. Apparently he took Larsson's career in singles with him :unsure:
Yeah, I bet he's really miffed now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts