·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Reactions: Triggervic

·
Registered
449 Posts
The mayor has not yet held an interview conference where he has cancelled the event. Gotta wait for the final word from the mayor and the Governor from the state of Kentucky.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If this was a Monday I would call the WTA in Saint Petersburg, Florida and find out what is the true status of the tournament. This stinks, give us a true and complete review as to what is going on with the tournament.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If this was a Monday I would call the WTA in Saint Petersburg, Florida and find out what is the true status of the tournament. This stinks, give us a true and complete review as to what is going on with the tournament.
With Palermo in action, and other events set to kick off next week, surely the WTA will now have SOMEONE available 24/7, rather than just opening for a couple of hours a week. :D

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'm sure ALL tournament directors for all remaining events will be closely monitoring Palermo.

If it goes through without a hitch regarding Covid19, then they can see what has worked, conversely, any issues that crop up can be closely looked at for Lexington and other events.

I know the situation is different everywhere in terms of how much virus is in a particular place, however the virus itself in terms of symptons is the same where ever you go.

If we don't try to run events, we'll never know how safe or not the sport and the people involved in it will be.
That's why, if players don't want to play, they don't have to, if they don't feel comfortable, i'm happy with that outcome.

·
Registered
35,813 Posts
The tournament has confirmed they won't have fans and even if cases are rising in Kentucky, the county that Lexington is in has 80 cases (out of a total population of 300,000+ people). As long as there's a bubble of some kind and the players behave responsibly, this should still be able to happen.

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Q changes

OUT: Puig, Sharma
IN: Rodionova, Hibi

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
So, is this crappola Tournament still going to be played? You can't play Tennis professionally in the USA without a "Bubble". It's nuts that they are still attempting to play this. Does Serena, Coco, Vika want to get sick or what?

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
MD changes

OUT: Diyas
IN: Doi, Brengle (no SE from Palermo)

Q changes

OUT: Doi, Brengle, Golubic
IN: Lepchenko, Zarazúa, Anderson

41 - 60 of 81 Posts