Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Source? The New York Times website published an interview with Steve Simon today saying that Palermo, Prague and Lexington are confirmed and going to happen.
Who would know? The WTA website still shows the Citi Open as "Pending," for crying out loud, despite it having been replaced weeks ago by Lexington. It still lists Zhuhai (the Elite Trophy) as going ahead, and also has Wuhan, Nanchang, Zhengzhou and Guangzhou as "Draw size TBD" - despite the fact that all events other than the China Open and YEC were cancelled by the General Administration for Sport on 10th July. Hopeless!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Is it really canceled? I hope not. Was there an announcement?
Sorry, it was my comment to be canceled!

You know, with the current site it's not possible to actually cancel a wrong comment.

Next time, if ever, I'll try to be more cautious with the choice of wording.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The Kentucky Open in Lexington is NOT cancelled as of July 27th. I called the WTA office in Saint Petersburg, where I live, and I was told the event is ongoing at this moment. Only our mayor can make the decision that it is too dangerous to both the public and players to hold the event. If you doubt me, call the WTA directly for all of you on this site living in the US.

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
MD change

Muguruza OUT
(MDO) V. Williams IN

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
What's 'CP' next to Serena's name?
Confirmed Player - A Top 10 Player of an International Tournament’s choice who has
requested entry into and submitted a Top 10 Acceptance Form for the Tournament.

iii. International Tournaments – Top 10 Player Process and Restrictions ...
p.24, 2020 Official Rules (PDF)

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Q change

Stojanovic OUT
Arconada IN

·
Registered
54,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Q change

Townsend OUT
Osuigwe IN

·
Registered
801 Posts
Will tournaments be held liable if someone gets covid because of these
They won't.You can't enter the tournament unless you sign that waiver that contracting covid19 is your own responsibility or fault.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts