Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
24,144 Posts
This thread is hilarious.

I will say that the headshots are really lovely. It's really a dropped ball that they didn't include the players' names though, or consult them on what their 1 word slogan should be. :lol:

·
Registered
29,574 Posts
is there any Chinese player in this campaign @Meelis :hysteric:

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
It takes moonballs.

Where is Say Say?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mmmmm. Most of the headshots are nice but for a tennis marketing campaign you've suely got to have more mention of tennis in the bloody things. It's really a shame to not have a tennis racquet or ball around. I'm quite confused by the whole thing anyway, you need a mix of all the things listed to be a top pro, not just 1. And the one that says 'it takes effort' plus a few others is so lame. I put in bloody good effort into my matches myself with my pals thanks very much. Plus half of these the players are so little known it essentially means nothing to me. As we know it takes ££££££ from your parents and dedicating a large part or all of your young life to the sport for a mere start. Anyway, I love her but the fact that they put 'respect' for Barbie makes it crystal clear that this was not a serious effort.

I wish they would make better/more wee promotional videos (they may do but I'm not aware). My friend works as a digital content manager for Scottish Golf. You see his brilliant videos with good interviews and good camera angles and music that get you interested in the sport and the players. There's enough good/magical shots get played just put put inspiring music over them for 90 seconds no? I just looked at the wta youtube page and the fucking front video that plays automatically is sharapova training with nadal 11 months ago. Wtf is that about. https://www.youtube.com/user/wta

Having said that I just saw they're doing these my story things and the Kontaveit one is really nice, must watch some more, and the highlights have been good this year. Anyway it's been done to death on here that the wta are useless at streaming marketing and scheduling.

I love Anastasia Sevastova's one:inlove:

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,547 Posts
Potapova in a global WTA campaign? She's not really global even on TF :lol:

Reactions: LUVMIRZA

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Okay the Latvijans one actually makes sense (Risk for Ostapenko, Finesse for Sevastova) but some of these are hysterical.

I thought Sloane's 'Will Power' one was hilarious, but Bravery for Konta? (who i've seen cry more than anyone in my family), 'Style' for Pavs? :lol:

And why did they use that photo of Strycova where she looks like she's just killed 50 people. :hysteric:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Everything has been said already. I will only add - what's with Simona's on that photoshoped picture? What's with her hair? :D

·
Premium Member
62,585 Posts
I like the Bencic one.
I wish there was one for Bacsinszky. It should say something like: it takes pertinacity.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
How are black and white headshots of nameless players paired with a random buzzword supposed to promote women *tennis*? :lol: There isn't one racquet to be seen.

The ATP is very aggressive with its marketing and is going all-in with the Big Three and the #NextGen while you have the WTA promoting Khromacheva and Minella. Nice ladies but will never be household names.They tried something at long last but they needed something more memorable as they get ready to lose Serena and Maria.

The "My Story" vids are quite interesting, though.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts