• Iroda Tulyaganova (shoulder)
  • Alexandra Stevenson (shoulder)
  • Asa Svensson (achilles)
  • Magdalena Maleeva (shoulder)
  • Nadia Petrova (shoulder)
  • Dinara Safina
  • Anne Kremer (wrist)
  • Vera Zvonareva (elbow)

It's too many injuries and we need shorter season.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
I agree too many injuries, but the season needed be shortened. Players need to work thier schedules better. The players are encouraged to play a certain amount, but should only do so when they are fit.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
You forgot:

Stevenson
Svensson

And, I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Then there is:

Tulyaganova

Wasn't Dechy injured??

Mikaelian retired in her last match, right??

Maleeva has been battling a sore shoulder.

The list probably goes on.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Let's not forget about Safina.

She withdrew from Toronto with an injury.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
WAY TOO MUCH POWER TENNIS as opposed to all court play. Which means hitting with full power when on the stretch and LONG LONG POINTS!

but mostly there are TOO MANY DAMNED HARDCOURTS! ankle, foot, knee and back problems are to be blamed on the hardcourts!

the shoulder problems are more likely to be a result of playing too much and not good time management. These players choose to play too much and it is not because of the long season.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,026 Posts
I agree with too many hardcourts....let's add Panova (even though her injury is mental...)

Anyway I agree with DaF, the players need to manage their own schedules better, and they should know best when to play and when not to to keep from getting injured

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
You forgot Vera's elbow.

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
Like it or not, the season IS too long. Give me ONE other sport where they play 11 months of the year:rolleyes: (golf isn't a sport so it doesn't count). And don't point that most players aren't injured, because OBVIOUSLY not everyone is going to be injured at the same time (if that happened even the brain dead WTA directors would shorten the season). And you have to play alot of tournaments because if you don't, you lose your ranking, and if you lose your ranking, you might not get seeded as highly, thus getting tougher draws, which equals less tournament titles, which equals less money. Should players really have this kind of pressure?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Lots of the players on the list also appear on the fastest servers list or are generally power players (obviously some are not but some of them have long standing problems in those areas where they have current injuries) As lots of them (notably Venus, Amelie Monica and Linday) managed to damage themselves early in the year and before the current hard court season its a bit questionable if the long season or hardcourts are to blame? It may be a case of injuries not going away or bad luck or an over physical style of play for that persons body causing the problems?

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Anne :(

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I dont think the season is too long, yu play as many or as little tournies as yu want. Venus just got a really bad injury thats the reason she has not been playing, the same for monica aswell, kournikova's is a long standing injury, Lindsay's is only controlled by injections, so i dont think its the length of the season at all, just the seriousness of the injuries. I think venus got injured after playing 4 tournies, where as someone like tulyaganova got injured and she plays loads more. Its up to them to make sure they dont over play themselves.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.