Tennis Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I liked some of Aga Radwanska's matches in 2014, such as the one against Alize Cornet and then Jelena Jankovic (was that the quarter final?). Can't find them online though.

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
Some great suggestions, will keep me occupied during this CoVID19 crisis

·
Registered
19,523 Posts

Mary was playing so well in this match
Amazing how different a player Serena was back then, showing in experience. Not as consistent, not as powerful a serve and poorer counterpunching and footwork. Mary didn't get broken it seems while Serena dropped serve many times.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Maria Sharapova vs Camila Giorgi was amazing. Also, Maria Sharapova vs Maria Kirilenko.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sharapova utterly thrashing Wozniacki in the 2013 FINAL 62 62. Probably the biggest match of their rivalry and the only time they met in a final

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Do yourself a favor in not missing those highlights: it's a lot of fun for any tennis fan.

Svittolina had a lot of great 3 set matches in her SF run last year. Kenin, Barty, Vondrousova, and Andreescu (though she lost the last one).

Unfortunately in the process of that run she killed her knee which troubled her for a lot of the year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One of Sabine's greatest fights and wins... + best point of the match as a bonus ?

Yes, Christopher Kas was her coach then. I thought he was good for her game and think it's a shame that they aren't still working together.

Incidentally, 2015 was for me the last good year on tour for two of my favourite players - Sabine and also Jelena Jankovic, who made the final in this tournament.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Yes, Christopher Kas was her coach then. I thought he was good for her game and think it's a shame that they aren't still working together.

Incidentally, 2015 was for me the last good year on tour for two of my favourite players - Sabine and also Jelena Jankovic, who made the final in this tournament.
Also I think it's probably the match where Flavia's coach noticed Sabine and they tried to work together the year after (Flavia went to win the USO that year).

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
2000 Kournikova vs Dechy

A major thriller - all three sets went to 7-5 or a tiebreak. They were both ranked highly at the time as well - #9 (Kournikova) vs. #23. I have it somewhere in my collection.

Kournikova was down 5-7, 1-5. it was a super hot day and both players were quite testy, but amazing quality once they settled in.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
1997 Indian Wells QF Lindsay Davenport vs. Venus Williams

It was the first time I saw Venus play and I thought, "Wow! She can MOVE!!" Venus was close but not able to get the win over the more experienced opponent.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts