Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Indian Wells isn't going to be held at least for some time I thought it might be nice to revisit the matches we enjoyed over the years from IW.
Which IW matches did you enjoy?

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From 2014:
Would have loved Na to win this one and possibly claim the title here..

but happy for Flavia to take it in the end [ : hug : Aga ]

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and while I'm usually rather harsh on Caro while she was still playing, here's a parting 'tribute' : oh :

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That crazy windy final.. Vera ♥ Ana :hug:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully back to winning ways soon for Naomi and Daria..

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
There were so many good matches in 2019:

Not the best in quality but amazing comeback:

2018 had this awesome match:

And yes, most of these involve my favs so I'm biased ;)

·
Registered
30,970 Posts
Dementieva-Henin SF 2006. Dementieva came back from a set and a double break down and won 2:6, 7:5 and 7:5 :)

Highlights:
This was before mobile data so I remember leaving home at 2-5 in the second set thinking Demented was doomed and have hardly ever been so surprised by the result I returned to. Sadly the final was a different story :censored:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This was before mobile data so I remember leaving home at 2-5 in the second set thinking Demented was doomed and have hardly ever been so surprised by the result I returned to. Sadly the final was a different story :censored:
I started to watch this match 2:6 and 2:4 and thought it‘s over soon and I can go to bed. It was already in the middle of the night but things turned around :)

For Dementieva it was an exhausted tournament and she was very tired in the final:

F Maria Sharapova 1-6, 2-6
SF Justine Henin-Hardenne 2-6, 7-5, 7-5
QF Ana Ivanovic 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
R4 Na Li 6-3, 6-2
R3 Sania Mirza 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
R2 AnastasiaYakimova 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
R1 Bye

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Dementieva-Henin SF 2006. Dementieva came back from a set and a double break down and won 2:6, 7:5 and 7:5 :)

Highlights:
That was such a bad match from both, thanks to the strong wind conditions, so many errors. Elena somehow found a way to win it on a mental war against Henin, by not giving up and finding her inside out FH in the end of the 2nd set.

I started to watch this match 2:6 and 2:4 and thought it‘s over soon and I can go to bed. It was already in the middle of the night but things turned around :)

For Dementieva it was an exhausted tournament and she was very tired in the final:

F Maria Sharapova 1-6, 2-6
SF Justine Henin-Hardenne 2-6, 7-5, 7-5
QF Ana Ivanovic 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
R4 Na Li 6-3, 6-2
R3 Sania Mirza 5-7, 6-4, 6-4
R2 AnastasiaYakimova 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
R1 Bye
Oh God, that run from Elena, so much fuckery in her matches, except the Li win.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts