17,161 Posts
So it’s going to be…

1 Adelaide 500 / Melbourne 250
2 Adelaide 500 / Sydney 500 / Melbourne 250

Something looks wrong here.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Someone said on the MTF that it's WTA one week, ATP the next. I think the two WTA 500s is incorrect.
I would trust the official website (listed post #218) - jan 2 WTA500, jan 9 WTA250
The first event will be hosted from 2 to 9 January and will feature a WTA 500 and ATP 250 combined tournament, followed by the second Adelaide International event, a WTA 250 and ATP 250 tournament from 9 to 15 January.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would trust the official website (listed post #218) - jan 2 WTA500, jan 9 WTA250

I said that the two 500s was incorrect. You're saying a 500 and a 250. The two posts above mine said 2x 500s.

·
Registered
17,161 Posts

Thanks. This looks much likely.

2 Sydney 500 / Adelaide 250 / AO Q / Melbourne 250 (?)
3 AO
4 AO

Though I don't get how that equates to 17 lead up events even if they combine the men's and ITFs.

·
Registered
120 Posts

3 AO
4 AO

Though I don't get how that equates to 17 lead up events even if they combine the men's and ITFs.
If you go back to 2019 and look at the events at ITF, Challenger, as well as WTA and ATP, in the region in the first 2 weeks of the season, then 17 isn't that surprising. Whether a 25K ITF should be described as a lead up event to a Grand Slam is a different matter.

·
Registered
317 Posts

3 AO
4 AO

Your timetable looks more like it. For purely selfish reasons glad that Sydney gets it's slot back, if only for probably one year after it and the Hopman Cup were canned to make way for the ATP Cup 🤨 🙄 :mad:

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
For purely selfish reasons glad that Sydney gets it's slot back, if only for probably one year after it and the Hopman Cup were canned to make way for the ATP Cup 🤨 🙄 :mad:
Makes me angry every time I think about the Hopman Cup being dumped for the ATP. And the oldest tournament in the world - Sydney - being dumped makes me even ANGRIER!!!

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
If you go back to 2019 and look at the events at ITF, Challenger, as well as WTA and ATP, in the region in the first 2 weeks of the season, then 17 isn't that surprising. Whether a 25K ITF should be described as a lead up event to a Grand Slam is a different matter.
Yup . ATP is at least 7 already announced for 2022(4 ATP 250, ATP Cup, 2 challenger 80K )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
585 Posts
Your timetable looks more like it. For purely selfish reasons glad that Sydney gets it's slot back, if only for probably one year after it and the Hopman Cup were canned to make way for the ATP Cup 🤨 🙄 :mad:
Makes me angry every time I think about the Hopman Cup being dumped for the ATP. And the oldest tournament in the world - Sydney - being dumped makes me even ANGRIER!!!
The ITF announced recently that they have asked for the Hopman Cup to return in 2023. This must be looking good as the ATP is asking the ITF to combine the ATP with the Davis Cup.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The ITF announced recently that they have asked for the Hopman Cup to return in 2023. This must be looking good as the ATP is asking the ITF to combine the ATP with the Davis Cup.
Hopefully in Sydney 😁 . The way the Western Australian Gov is behaving, they'll probably lock out the rest of Australia and the World for at least the next 20 years 🙄😛

221 - 240 of 307 Posts