·
Registered
16,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
510 Posts
Re: WTA: Simona takes player of the Month crown over AO Champ Miss Sunshine Carolina

L O L

But Woz will keep her AO trophy.

·
Registered
32,096 Posts
Re: WTA: Simona takes player of the Month crown over AO Champ Miss Sunshine Carolina

The WTA is embarrassing itself with these tragic polls. It's just a shameless way to generate traffic on the website.
Wozniacki won a freakin' Slam and ended the month as the number one player in the world.

Svitolina ended up with 1% of the vote. Why would the WTA expose its players to such ridicule? Bunch of amateurs.

·
Premium Member
8,811 Posts

Lol. Been said many times before, but do the WTA actually expect these awards to have any credibility with stuff like this?

The thing is the poll is so pointless in the first place. The majority of the player of the month awards there is no debate, there is one clear winner. The award just serves no real purpose, you don't really need an award to tell you Wozniacki was player of the month for January, and when you get results like this it just looks plain silly.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts

Lol, I think we need to stop taking these fan voted WTA awards so seriously...
When did we start taking them seriously? :lol:
They are useless polls no one gives a shit about, I mean last fall they tried so hard to give a trophy to Maria it was hilarious.

·
Registered
38,135 Posts

How embarrassing.

Give up the AO trophy, LaBorz. :eek:h:

Reactions: mykarma

·
Registered
114,483 Posts

Halep was tremendous in Melbourne! I have no probem with this. I didnt know fans voted for these. I never thought about it.
Where were the Aga fans? They only vote for fan favorite and shot of the year?

Reactions: PLP

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

lol! Am sure she would love to exchange this shit with the one Woz has.

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,290 Posts

Lol, I think we need to stop taking these fan voted WTA awards so seriously...

It's like Aga Radwanska inevitably winning shot of the year for like, a double fault or something.
she would if WTA would nominate her

·
Registered
15,795 Posts

Why was Svitolina even one of the four nominees?

It should have been Elise Mertens.

Besides Elaine would take Febrary anyway given she'll probably haul all the premiers in the middle east

·
Genie Bouchard of TF
108,290 Posts

Halep was tremendous in Melbourne! I have no probem with this. I didnt know fans voted for these. I never thought about it.
Where were the Aga fans? They only vote for fan favorite and shot of the year?
Aga not good enough to get nominated for player of the month - but she would win if it would be a open poll

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

what the hell? it's been a pattern in the past that a grand slam winner wins player of the month, except for this grand slam winner. the result is not even close. halep won by a whopping 46% over wozniacki. this result is embarrassingly rigged.

·
Registered
32,096 Posts

Why is this the Shot of the Month? Is it a basic lob or a basic drive volley anyways? Jesus Christ.
The video quality is shocking as well.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts